SSL, SSH, or any other application layer from your local computer, proxy, vpn is just useless against hiding from the government.

VPN will slow down the process unless you jump from more than one VPN, eventually you will get track down if the government wants you bad enough.

Edited by Jªvª

As pointed out, SSL does not do what you're thinking it will. As a community forum with no actual data such as bank info, phone numbers, etc.. we really have no need at all of SSL.

Not to mention, if I read about it correctly, to get the signature validated (so it works right and doesn't give you an error) it costs a monthly fee... though I could have been looking at something wrong.

SSL, SSH, or any other application layer from your local computer, proxy, vpn is just useless against hiding from the government.

VPN will slow down the process unless you jump from more than one VPN, eventually you will get track down if the government wants you bad enough.

Wait how does VPN not allow you to hide from the government? As a temporarily solution it works, and true about VPN slowing down processes, but that's just ping related (assuming that VPN gives you max speed) by the time you're downloading you won't notice any difference.

Not to mention, if I read about it correctly, to get the signature validated (so it works right and doesn't give you an error) it costs a monthly fee... though I could have been looking at something wrong.

Yes you have to pay money to get it vaildated. I might be a one time fee until it expires, though like we said it's a useless feature to have on this forum.

Wait how does VPN not allow you to hide from the government? As a temporarily solution it works, and true about VPN slowing down processes, but that's just ping related (assuming that VPN gives you max speed) by the time you're downloading you won't notice any difference.

I was kinda meaning in tracking down the VPN and the user; lol my bad

In a nutshell, a VPN usually has to have an address as well to relay traffic and an open port for the user to utilize. With the tech the government has its not hard to intercept traffic or even break into.

• 5 weeks later...

If you want to stay hidden there are ways. Use multiple payed VPNs and ssh tunneling. If you pay for this stuff you can have good speeds, always depending on how much you want to pay for it. But keep in mind as stated previously if the government wants you badly enough the will get you eventually. The only people who should consider using stuff like this are uploaders for uploading. The idea is that the filehoster doesn't know your real ip address and so if the government comes and asks them to get the ip address of the uploader the don't have it. If your VPN is outside of your country (meaning in a country that is not diplomatically involved with your country) you should probably be save for some time. But just for a little while..