Having a ridiculously hard time finding an anime to watch...

Not because I have seen too many of them or anything, it's just that...

Since I watched Gurren Lagann, nothing interests me in the slightest!

I have never reacted so much to ANY show live or animated as much as I did for Gurren Lagann, everything in that show seemed like it was cater made to me.

The characters, the events, the music, everything.

It so much so obliterated Triguns position as my favorite show, (I'm a mostly live tv guy until recently so that is saying A LOT)

But as I was saying, I've watched shows since then like Baccano! and Hellsing, and both were great but I couldn't summon much interest in them because I kept thinking about Gurren Lagann (which might I add I watched months ago)

So I guess my question to you is is there anything remotely as powerful, and amazing, epic, funny, moving, inspiration, etc as Gurren Lagann?

At least in your opinion.

I started watching Fate Stay Night and Black Lagoon, but I highly doubt they will interest me.

Stuff I have watched

Trigun

Bleach (Until like season 3 when I hated it more than anything)

Cowboy Bebop

D.N.Angel (one of my female friends made me watch, dont be judging! )

First season of Code Geass

Baccano!

Hellsing

and of course

TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!

Gurren Lagann is great. It's in my top 5. Black Lagoon is by far better though. Both are superb Anime series though. Nothing can really touch those, and I don't know if you watch subs or not either. However if you like Gurren Lagann you might like Code Geass, Gundam 00, and Soul Eater.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I recommend that you try rewatching Bleach again. I'd say the stuff you started watching (and hating) was the Bount arc - which is filler - and once it gets back into the main storyline (about episode 110 I think) it gets really good again. It's a shame that you dropped it, I think. But then I am biased...

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest getting into Bones Studios stuff - Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Wolf's Rain. Fullmetal Alchemist was surprisingly good, despite it's huge popularity. Burst Angel has the seductive, big-gun toting female heroines of Gurren Laggan. Otherwise, just go with the most epic (referring to the film) anime series ever - Samurai 7.

I know how you feel man, the months after watching Gurren Lagann were the same for me(glad I'm not alone XD) the only thing that seems to fill the void is watching the show over and over in a futile attempt to get bored of it nothing can replace it but you should definitely check out FMA brotherhood, I here Gundam seed is good to, also Chrono Crusade was awesome, hell just try to keep yourself busy until the fabled Gurren Lagann season 2.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gurren lagann fever? I know that feeling well... I dont think I could even watch another anime for two week. What I did was rewatch Avatar the last airbender again cause really, there's no mecha show that tops gurren lagann. There just isn't.