Nomura says it's Early Days

Koby

Japanese magazine GeMag had the chance to speak with Nomura recently and it looks like Versus is some time away. At the moment he's involved in the production of 5 titles and one he won't speak about and says PS3 games aren't his first priority. Here's a translation:

"Nomura says that he would gladly bring the game out earlier for Playstation 3 yet the development software isn't completed yet. From his viewpoint as Director the start on the PS3 is slow but it is however unavoidable as the software isn't finished. He also says that next year he would like to show some more game scenes and introduce the game system itself."

It looks like 2007 is going to be a busy year for Nomura but once all the current games are released he should be able to concentrate on his new creation. That's if Disney doesn't persuade him to start Kingdom Hearts 3.

Yeah, I heard rumours that Versus, and any other Fabula Nova Crystallis games won't be released until April of '07 or later. I don't really mind though, PS3 was just released, there are still bugs. And if the software isn't completed, it isn't completed. Rushing him won't do anything but make the games suck. Besides, as of now, there are a lot of FF games being released. Crisis Core, Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fate, FFVA, FFVIA, and others. I think the FFs just released or being released will be enough to pass the time for the Fabula Nova Cystallis games.

And Nomura does have a huge load ahead of him, what with Versus, Revenant Wings, and I'm sure Square has him on other games to. There's also that new KH that will be in development soon (It will be the final one apparently, but won;t be called KH3, it'll have it's own title, kind of like Chain of Memories).

• 8 months later...
Are you guys saying that i have to wait a hell lot of time for ff13??

Perhaps. Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII wont be out until late 2008 or early 2009 at the earliest. But hey other games such as The Last Remnant will be coming out in spring of 2008 so that should hold you over till then.