PC Video Problems

Rawkstar

Uhhggg, this is starting to piss me off.... >:(

ok, I have problems with videos on my PC so I checked out my display adapter (video card) because it says videos can prevent windows from working correctly... So, I went into "Display Properties" in control panel then settings to advanced and clicked on "adapter" then properties and it said this "This device is working properly."

Do I have to upgrade my driver to get the videos working? Because everytime I play them they move so slow so still but the songs play well... Myabe I need to update my driver since it's odd or something....

So, someone please help me!!!!

EDIT: Someone suggested I do this!!!

So. What I suggest you do.

Restart your computer. Not fixed? Okay.

Restart your computer to the BIOS settings. Change the amount of RAM you're using for video. Look around for that option. Raise it up by a bit. Try again. Still no good?

Then I don't know at this point. Provide more details after that and I'll try to help you out as best I can.

Other possibilities: Corrupt files? Streamed videos off the internet?

how old is comp?

u need enough video card memory to ensure smooth video playback (for memory cache)

try a different video player

if its avi format, try using "Vlc media player"

look it up in google. i might be ur video player causing the problem.

are thecodecs alrite? try dwnload codecs f rom places. .. like that k-lite codec or somthing.

try lowering notch to focus on performance and reliability over quality. forgot where to do that .. somewhere to do wid drivers or something

here it is

right click on desktop -> properties -> settings -> advanced -> troubleshoot -> change hardware acceleration notch experiment with it.

lol it's old but I got it fixed a few months ago but that was only to clean the virus from my computer...

try a different video player

if its avi format, try using "Vlc media player"

look it up in google. i might be ur video player causing the problem.

are thecodecs alrite? try dwnload codecs f rom places. .. like that k-lite codec or somthing.

that part is confusing lol... avi format??? and codecs??? I'm sorry, I don't speak comuter language lol

and the last part.... I'm doing that now... still some problems but what is "write combining"?

oh and btw, NEVER. NEVER, EVER mess with your bios settings if you don't know what the hell you're doing.

never..ever!

also what you can also try doing is ending processes (ctrl+alt+delete) to bring up task manager and then end processes that you don't need. Don't end the system processes. they're vital for the running of your comp :):P

and if you can, i need more detail than what you posted in your first post.

Hence:

--> Computer specs

--> Type of file you're playing (.avi, .mpeg, etc. It's the file extension name like jpeg and stuff)

--> what media player you're using.

--> Have you scanned your computer for any v iruses?

that should be all for now...

Movies, or w/e you want to call them that I download like music videos etc. play on my computer but if the image part is too big like the size of the images then it sometimes freezes, etc..

When I try to play a dvd in my dvd burner it says playback failed try lowering screen res or color. >_< I did and nothing happened, then I try in a different program and it saids I need a dvd decoder or dvd codec. Meh I think I just need to buy a new dvd burner/player that comes with one because I can't seem to find anything that works. LOL