Naruto's Grandmother

wadud

Hey guys I think Naruto's grandmother is Tsunade. Because in the anime Tsunade told that she loves Naruto as her own grandson.

And we all think that the final battle is going to be among Naruto and Sasuke. Since Sasuke is an Uchiha so I would love that Naruto is a complete Senju. And that fight would be awesome.

So for Naruto to be a complete senju he has to be Tsunade's grandson, that is a direct line from the senju clan.

That is what i think. And i also would want to know about are your opinions.

Hey guys I think Naruto's grandmother is Tsunade. Because in the anime Tsunade told that she loves Naruto as her own grandson.

And we all think that the final battle is going to be among Naruto and Sasuke. Since Sasuke is an Uchiha so I would love that Naruto is a complete Senju. And that fight would be awesome.

So for Naruto to be a complete senju he has to be Tsunade's grandson, that is a direct line from the senju clan.

That is what i think. And i also would want to know about are your opinions.

I highly doubt this. For one thing, the ages don't match up. Tsunade is 51 in Part I (pre shippuden). Minato was said to "not have been 30 years old" when he became Hokage (and then died), so let's give him the age of 29. So first, Naruto is age 12 in Part I, so subtract 12 from 51, this meaning Tsunade was 39 at the time of Minato's death. If Minato was 29 at the time of his death...that means that Tsunade, according to you, was all of TEN when she had him!

Also "Because in the anime Tsunade told that she loves Naruto as her own grandson." It's just how Tsunade expresses how she feels towards Naruto. My best friend since school is closer to me than a brother, in fact, a few years ago, we practically adopted each other as brothers and that's how I describe him, my brother. It of course doesn't mean that we actually are blood related.

No, he doesn't have to be Tsunade's descendent to be a Senju. For all we know, Minato was an illegitimate child of a Senju, perhaps even an unacknowledged grandchild of the First Hokage, or of just some other Senju. Tsunade has been called the last living Senju, meaning that all others known and acknowledged to be Senju are dead. Naruto very well could be a descendent from that clan, through his father's parents.

ok, had read about it before on the net, so stole it to post it here,

For the people who have a keen eye (or an imaginative one) they believe the manga has been hinting at this all along and that once you see these facts you will see it to be undeniable too. Before you think it’s crazy just read and see what you think!

1- Tsunade and Minato have the same exact blood type, B. To elaborate, Dan has blood type A. So scientifically speaking if Dan and Tsunade’s kid were Minato it could be possible he just have blood type B like Tsunade.

2- Dan and Minato graduated the Academy at the same age of 10. It could be a hint that he followed in his father’s footsteps like Naruto did with Minato.

3- Tsunade and Minato Share the Same Hair Color, blond. With Dan’s light hair color, blond could easily be passed onto Minato.

4- Minato and Dan are around the same height and weight as each other.

Minato : Dan

Height: 179.2 cm : 180.2 cm

Weight: 66.1kg : 67.1 kg

5- Naruto and Nawaki (Tsunade’s brother) look nearly identical. Shows possibly a family resemblance.

1tlsv7.png

6- Dan and Minato have similar features. If you notice when you look at the two despite the hair and eye colors they look nearly identitcal. In terms of the shape of their jaw to the shape of their eyes.

w1znm8.jpg

7- It’s interesting that Naruto always calls Tsunade ‘Grandma Tsunade’, which would be very ironic on Masashi’s part if it were true.

Now that the basic comparisons are over here’s the deep evidence.

8- Madara suggest that the Hokage line has been kept in the Senju clan for years. When he talks about this there is a picture of the hokage mountain and it shows the fourth hokage’s head on it. This implies that the Hokage position was still held by the Senju even during the fourth hokage’s reign, which inturn implies that Minato is a Senju. Where else would he get the blood from the Senju clan then Tsunade.

Also to add, it has been said that the Senju clan broke up into smaller clans in the village made up of ability, so to say Minato and anybody else in the village are Senju is not far-fetched in the least.

15f5afd.png

9- Tsunade passes down the Hokage necklace to Naruto which was set to stay in Tsunade’s family and passed down in their family since the first hokage. Since there is a big deal made out of the necklace I think this implies that Naruto might be in Tsunade’s family.

10- Yamato remarks about Naruto’s Chakra being special because he is able to hold off the power of the 4-tails without dying. This might be because Naruto is related to the Senju clan and thus his chakra has the same qualities as Shodai which helps to protect him from the kyuubi chakra. (author’s note: This is more because he is an Uzumaki but being a Senju I think could only help)

11- There is a great amount of symbolism between Hashirama-Naruto and Sasuke-Madara. They stood on the Valley of End statues (Naruto on Shodai’s and Sasuke on Madara’s). Many people thought this implied that Hashirama is like Naruto and Sasuke is like Madara. But Sasuke is actually an Uchiha so I don’t see why this wouldn’t also imply that Naruto is a Senju.

12- And I think this is the biggest telling piece of information even though some people might read the dialog differently then I did. Now think back to the chapter where Jiriaya tells Tsunade that he is going to Ame to look for Akatsuki Lair. When their discussion turns to Minato a lot of things bother me about the way Jiriaya talks to Tsunade.

- First look at Tsunade’s face when she says Minato Namikaze on page 10 chapter 367. She seems very sad about saying his name. Now this can be explained away by her just having been friends with him or something and being sad thinking about how he died, but it creates a very wierd mood for what happens next. First Jiriaya goes on to brag about Minato and what he was like and his amazing Genius.

i1zg5y.jpg

Which let me say it’s weird that Jiriaya even brought up Minato at this point in the conversation because previously they were talking about how Tsunade has lost so many people in the past and about how she rejected Jiriaya’s advances. Then Jiriaya seems to imply that he thought of Minato as a son and brags about him to which he says that if Minato had been his son he would have bragged about him constantly.

But what makes this suspect to me is he says I never had any kids of my own while looking at Tsunade and then says if Minato had been my kid…etc.. Doesn’t this sound like what some one would say to a mother who lost their child…just replace Minato with “your son” and doesn’t the whole dialog seem right.

For example I will redo the dialog this way:

“Tsunade, your son had talent only seen once in a generation at best. He was a genius… No one like him has been born in awhile.”

“He was such a nice kid yet his guts and desire to succeed were the fiercest I have ever seen.”

“and in the blink of an eye he was our Fourth Hokage.”

“I never had kids so I don’t know what it’s like, but if he had been my son I would have bragged about him all the time.”

Now I want you to think about what kind of character Jiriaya is. He’s the guy who failed all his life at love and he failed to Dan. Now think about it; if Jiraiya had succeeded with Tsunade he would have been Minato’s father instead of Dan. It’s basically like Jiriaya is saying he always thought of Minato as his son because he could have very well been his father if it wasn’t for a simple twist of fate. Basically that whole converstation made me think that Jiriaya was talking about Minato as if he were Tsunade’s son and if you read the flow of that conversation from start to finish with the idea that Minato is Tsunade’s son a lot of Jiriaya’s jokes and ways that he talks makes much sense.

So what’s my theory on how Minato is Tsunade’s son. I think that Tsunade got pregnant by Dan a little bit before he went off on the mission that killed him. She also was doing missions because she didn’t know that she herself was pregnant yet. After Dan died she found out that she was pregnant with his child which caused her to go even more into the depression that led her to leave the village. I think after Dan died she stayed in the village long enough to give birth to Minato and then she put him up for adoption and left the village.

Years later Jiriaya trained Minato because he loved Tsunade so much. Basically Jiraiya felt like Minato could have been his kid and he wanted to be a father to Tsunade’s kid becuase of his love for her. So he trained Minato and they did gain a father-son bond which later resulted in Jiriaya ironically becoming Naruto’s Godfather. Tsunade probably never told Minato that he was her kid, but all the elders of Konoha knew because they knew she put him up for adoption as a baby, which made Minato a member of the Senju clan which helped increase his chances of becoming hokage.

(Author’s note: this is not hard evidence of course, we really aren’t positive on the time line of when Tsunade left the village or when Dan died. We’re not even sure of Minato’s age. Not to mention Kishimoto has messed up time lines before, so this is all up in the air. So try not to come back that the time line is off.)

na.jpg

The genius of Kishimoto can truly be seen if this theory is true. For many reasons:

1- It will be important in Naruto becoming a full fledge ninja because he might develop some of Hashirama’s power to allow him to control the demon fox or it might help explain why he is able to finally control the demon fox with his own chakra. It would also build up the tension between Sasuke and Naruto if Naruto were a true Senju clan member. (author’s note: this is an old article, before Naruto had control.)

2- It fit perfectly with the irony of Jiraiya’s story/character. Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade and Dan won out. Jiraiya could have been Minato’s father, but he ended up becoming Minato’s Sensei and foster father figure anyway. Even though he failed in love with Tsunade he was still able to become part of Minato’s family and even became Naruto’s God father.

3- It would fit perfectly with Tsunade’s dynamic with Naruto and her troubled past storyline. It would also be amazing if Naruto did find out Tsunade was his grandmother right before she died. Also Tsunade would then be in a position to be the one to reveal Naruto’s entire lineage to him. It would also make sense why she was so willing to bet the necklace with Naruto because he is part of the Senju clan as well.

And finally:

Do you think the latest meet up of Dan and Naruto will reveal anything?

2ms3jif.png

Credit: some body called AMBER, actually this person hasn't taken credit for making this conclusion, somebody gave this person an outline and he filled in the spaces

Personally I am not 100% sold on this theory and I could argue some points of it on my own. Honestly nobody should be 100% sold on a theory, there’s always room to question and try to guess what on earth Masashi Kishimoto will do next! Whether your mind has been blown or you’re not impressed anything to add to take away from this theory is more than welcome.

ok, had read about it before on the net, so stole it to post it here,

For the people who have a keen eye (or an imaginative one) they believe the manga has been hinting at this all along and that once you see these facts you will see it to be undeniable too. Before you think it’s crazy just read and see what you think!

1- Tsunade and Minato have the same exact blood type, B. To elaborate, Dan has blood type A. So scientifically speaking if Dan and Tsunade’s kid were Minato it could be possible he just have blood type B like Tsunade.

2- Dan and Minato graduated the Academy at the same age of 10. It could be a hint that he followed in his father’s footsteps like Naruto did with Minato.

3- Tsunade and Minato Share the Same Hair Color, blond. With Dan’s light hair color, blond could easily be passed onto Minato.

4- Minato and Dan are around the same height and weight as each other.

Minato : Dan

Height: 179.2 cm : 180.2 cm

Weight: 66.1kg : 67.1 kg

5- Naruto and Nawaki (Tsunade’s brother) look nearly identical. Shows possibly a family resemblance.

1tlsv7.png

6- Dan and Minato have similar features. If you notice when you look at the two despite the hair and eye colors they look nearly identitcal. In terms of the shape of their jaw to the shape of their eyes.

w1znm8.jpg

7- It’s interesting that Naruto always calls Tsunade ‘Grandma Tsunade’, which would be very ironic on Masashi’s part if it were true.

Now that the basic comparisons are over here’s the deep evidence.

8- Madara suggest that the Hokage line has been kept in the Senju clan for years. When he talks about this there is a picture of the hokage mountain and it shows the fourth hokage’s head on it. This implies that the Hokage position was still held by the Senju even during the fourth hokage’s reign, which inturn implies that Minato is a Senju. Where else would he get the blood from the Senju clan then Tsunade.

Also to add, it has been said that the Senju clan broke up into smaller clans in the village made up of ability, so to say Minato and anybody else in the village are Senju is not far-fetched in the least.

15f5afd.png

9- Tsunade passes down the Hokage necklace to Naruto which was set to stay in Tsunade’s family and passed down in their family since the first hokage. Since there is a big deal made out of the necklace I think this implies that Naruto might be in Tsunade’s family.

10- Yamato remarks about Naruto’s Chakra being special because he is able to hold off the power of the 4-tails without dying. This might be because Naruto is related to the Senju clan and thus his chakra has the same qualities as Shodai which helps to protect him from the kyuubi chakra. (author’s note: This is more because he is an Uzumaki but being a Senju I think could only help)

11- There is a great amount of symbolism between Hashirama-Naruto and Sasuke-Madara. They stood on the Valley of End statues (Naruto on Shodai’s and Sasuke on Madara’s). Many people thought this implied that Hashirama is like Naruto and Sasuke is like Madara. But Sasuke is actually an Uchiha so I don’t see why this wouldn’t also imply that Naruto is a Senju.

12- And I think this is the biggest telling piece of information even though some people might read the dialog differently then I did. Now think back to the chapter where Jiriaya tells Tsunade that he is going to Ame to look for Akatsuki Lair. When their discussion turns to Minato a lot of things bother me about the way Jiriaya talks to Tsunade.

- First look at Tsunade’s face when she says Minato Namikaze on page 10 chapter 367. She seems very sad about saying his name. Now this can be explained away by her just having been friends with him or something and being sad thinking about how he died, but it creates a very wierd mood for what happens next. First Jiriaya goes on to brag about Minato and what he was like and his amazing Genius.

i1zg5y.jpg

Which let me say it’s weird that Jiriaya even brought up Minato at this point in the conversation because previously they were talking about how Tsunade has lost so many people in the past and about how she rejected Jiriaya’s advances. Then Jiriaya seems to imply that he thought of Minato as a son and brags about him to which he says that if Minato had been his son he would have bragged about him constantly.

But what makes this suspect to me is he says I never had any kids of my own while looking at Tsunade and then says if Minato had been my kid…etc.. Doesn’t this sound like what some one would say to a mother who lost their child…just replace Minato with “your son” and doesn’t the whole dialog seem right.

For example I will redo the dialog this way:

“Tsunade, your son had talent only seen once in a generation at best. He was a genius… No one like him has been born in awhile.”

“He was such a nice kid yet his guts and desire to succeed were the fiercest I have ever seen.”

“and in the blink of an eye he was our Fourth Hokage.”

“I never had kids so I don’t know what it’s like, but if he had been my son I would have bragged about him all the time.”

Now I want you to think about what kind of character Jiriaya is. He’s the guy who failed all his life at love and he failed to Dan. Now think about it; if Jiraiya had succeeded with Tsunade he would have been Minato’s father instead of Dan. It’s basically like Jiriaya is saying he always thought of Minato as his son because he could have very well been his father if it wasn’t for a simple twist of fate. Basically that whole converstation made me think that Jiriaya was talking about Minato as if he were Tsunade’s son and if you read the flow of that conversation from start to finish with the idea that Minato is Tsunade’s son a lot of Jiriaya’s jokes and ways that he talks makes much sense.

So what’s my theory on how Minato is Tsunade’s son. I think that Tsunade got pregnant by Dan a little bit before he went off on the mission that killed him. She also was doing missions because she didn’t know that she herself was pregnant yet. After Dan died she found out that she was pregnant with his child which caused her to go even more into the depression that led her to leave the village. I think after Dan died she stayed in the village long enough to give birth to Minato and then she put him up for adoption and left the village.

Years later Jiriaya trained Minato because he loved Tsunade so much. Basically Jiraiya felt like Minato could have been his kid and he wanted to be a father to Tsunade’s kid becuase of his love for her. So he trained Minato and they did gain a father-son bond which later resulted in Jiriaya ironically becoming Naruto’s Godfather. Tsunade probably never told Minato that he was her kid, but all the elders of Konoha knew because they knew she put him up for adoption as a baby, which made Minato a member of the Senju clan which helped increase his chances of becoming hokage.

(Author’s note: this is not hard evidence of course, we really aren’t positive on the time line of when Tsunade left the village or when Dan died. We’re not even sure of Minato’s age. Not to mention Kishimoto has messed up time lines before, so this is all up in the air. So try not to come back that the time line is off.)

na.jpg

The genius of Kishimoto can truly be seen if this theory is true. For many reasons:

1- It will be important in Naruto becoming a full fledge ninja because he might develop some of Hashirama’s power to allow him to control the demon fox or it might help explain why he is able to finally control the demon fox with his own chakra. It would also build up the tension between Sasuke and Naruto if Naruto were a true Senju clan member. (author’s note: this is an old article, before Naruto had control.)

2- It fit perfectly with the irony of Jiraiya’s story/character. Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade and Dan won out. Jiraiya could have been Minato’s father, but he ended up becoming Minato’s Sensei and foster father figure anyway. Even though he failed in love with Tsunade he was still able to become part of Minato’s family and even became Naruto’s God father.

3- It would fit perfectly with Tsunade’s dynamic with Naruto and her troubled past storyline. It would also be amazing if Naruto did find out Tsunade was his grandmother right before she died. Also Tsunade would then be in a position to be the one to reveal Naruto’s entire lineage to him. It would also make sense why she was so willing to bet the necklace with Naruto because he is part of the Senju clan as well.

And finally:

Do you think the latest meet up of Dan and Naruto will reveal anything?

2ms3jif.png

Credit: some body called AMBER, actually this person hasn't taken credit for making this conclusion, somebody gave this person an outline and he filled in the spaces

Personally I am not 100% sold on this theory and I could argue some points of it on my own. Honestly nobody should be 100% sold on a theory, there’s always room to question and try to guess what on earth Masashi Kishimoto will do next! Whether your mind has been blown or you’re not impressed anything to add to take away from this theory is more than welcome.

First off, you didn't read my own post on this thread. Tsunade would have been ten years old, at best, at the time of Minato's birth!

However, since you like to use the term scientifically, I'm going to show you why scientifically, its not possible.

• For the blood group, go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABO_blood_group_system#Inheritance That shows that the blood type means squat if trying to say with absolute authority that Minato is Tsunade's son. A mother with A and a father with B can have kids with AO, AB, BO and O.
  • For graduation age, again, means nothing. Kishimoto just wanted to highlight that both characters were considered geniuses. Both Kakashi and Yamato were promoted to Chuunin at age 6: are you now going to say that they must therefore be related?
  • Hair colour, again you get it wrong. For a fact, blonde is a recessive gene meaning that if blonde Tsunade and pale blue Dan did have a child, more than likely, the child would have had Dan's hair.
  • So freaking what about height and weight? Both were active shinobi who endured gruelling but specific training regimens. That more than anything would have influenced heighth and weigth (given that we don't see Taijutsu freak Gai with a muscular build despite the amount of exercise he does, he therefore must have a very specific training regimen designed to give him a lean physique). Given that both Minato and Dan were both tall and lean, that is a greator indication of a similar exercise routine than it is of inheritance.
  • Naruto and Nawaki having a resemblance can be explained away if Minato were, instead of being Tsunade's son, were instead a child of some other Senju closely related to Tsunade and Nawaki. Or that Kishimoto, to give Tsunade a reason to pause when Naruto declares "I'm going to be Hokage, that is my dream!", simply designed Nawaki's appearance thus.
  • Again, since Tsunade can't be Minato's mother (too young), the similarity between Dan and Minato can be explained because...they just look similar for no reason. Or that Dan was related to Minato's parents in some way, he could have been a cousin for all we know.
  • Your eighth point can again be explained away that Madara (whom we now call Tobi) was talking about the beliefs and ideology of the Senju being passed down. Tobi couldn't have been saying literally that only Senju have held the title of Hokage, because this ignores Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Third Hokage!
  • Tsunade's crystal necklace has not been stated anywhere as to only meant to be passed down by members of the Senju clan. Tsunade gave it to her lover, Dan. Note, he is described as "lover", not husband. No, Tsunade herself described the necklace as being worn by those destined to become Hokage. She gave it to Dan and Nawaki because she believed the two of them had the ability and the Will of Fire.
  • Point ten - You don't have to be a Senju to have special chakra. Naruto's mother, Kushina, had special chakra. There have been other special types of chakra shown in the series, like Sage Mode chakra and Star Chakra.
  • Point eleven can be explained away that Sasuke jumped to one of the statues, perhaps knowingly choosing Madara's because he studied his clan's history, therefore Naruto was left to choose the only other available statue there! Yeah, great symoblism there.
  • Point 12 - Jiraiya raised Minato, at least from age ten onwards, which is when Minato became Jiraiya's student. At that point, the two were practically father and son. Jiraiya was merely commenting on that if Minato were actually his son, he would have bragged about it. Tsunade mentioned that the resemblance was undeniable because both Jiraiya and Minato never gave up. She wasn't commenting on appearance.

I'm going to end this here. I ackowledge this wasnt your own work Jobonline20, but by reposting it, you are trying to legitimize it, despite the fact that, if you pay attention to the manga and anime, Tsunade would have been far too young to have been Minato's mother.

I thought it was stated the Uzumaki clan was somehow a distant relative of the Senju clan and therefore Naruto was possibly a Senju descendant because of his mother and not his father.

You're right Koby, the Uzumaki clan are meant to be related to the Senju. Also Tsunade's grandmother was a member of the Uzumaki clan, so Naruto's and Nawaki's resemblance would most likely be due to that.

You're right Koby, the Uzumaki clan are meant to be related to the Senju. Also Tsunade's grandmother was a member of the Uzumaki clan, so Naruto's and Nawaki's resemblance would most likely be due to that.

Except in that case, we're talking too many degrees of separation from the two characters. Let's say Mito Uzumaki had a brother/sister (this is the closest that Tsunade and Kushina can be related without having Kushina herself being a Senju), who was the great-grandparent of Kushina (not grandparent, because remember, Kushina is supposed to be at least ten years younger than Tsunade).

So now we have the family tree going Naruto -> Kushina -> Parent -> Parent -> Uzumaki sibling of Mito. Then we have Mito -> Child -> Tsunade and Nawaki. So that's SIX degrees of seperation, at absolute best. Somehow I doubt that the genes responsible for similar appearances would have survived that many generations.

Except in that case, we're talking too many degrees of separation from the two characters. Let's say Mito Uzumaki had a brother/sister (this is the closest that Tsunade and Kushina can be related without having Kushina herself being a Senju), who was the great-grandparent of Kushina (not grandparent, because remember, Kushina is supposed to be at least ten years younger than Tsunade).

So now we have the family tree going Naruto -> Kushina -> Parent -> Parent -> Uzumaki sibling of Mito. Then we have Mito -> Child -> Tsunade and Nawaki. So that's SIX degrees of seperation, at absolute best. Somehow I doubt that the genes responsible for similar appearances would have survived that many generations.

It's anime. I doubt even Kishimoto thought that thoroughly or if he even intended for them to look similar at all.

Somehow I doubt that the genes responsible for similar appearances would have survived that many generations.

My Father looks very similar to his second cousin once removed. Their common ancestor being my father's great-great-grandfather and the second cousin once removed's great-grandfather. When looking at a photo of them when they were in their thirties, they looking strikingly similar.

It's anime. I doubt even Kishimoto thought that thoroughly or if he even intended for them to look similar at all.

You're probably right about him not thinking that far ahead though.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think so? If Tsunade is his grandparent. then either Minato or Kushina is the child of Tsunade. but it is kinda impossible for Kushina since she came from other village.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Minato maybe possible since they have the same hair color :)

• 1 year later...