What did you have for Dinner?

Shazi

SPAM it up! I like to think that SPAM, ramen, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are like the universal bachelor food. My roommate used to cook for Emeril Lagasse. I on the other hand light the kitchen on fire when I try to nuke something in the microwave. So we have a mutual understanding of I buy the food and he cooks the food.

I enjoy SPAM; the Hot & Spicy flavour is pretty much my go-to comfort food.

The bacon one is okay, at least it ranks above the Hickory Smoke one. And I have a can of Turkey SPAM waiting around since I've never tried it.

I guess there are other varieties I haven't tried yet. Black Pepper?? Jalapeno?? I'll never eat the Cheese one because cheese, haha.

• Like 1

Hot chips and BBQ sauce! Turkey SPAM that sounds awesome! Jeez I need to start writing some of this down. I have this thing where I'm to lazy or tired to make or go out to eat so I order like Wing Zone or something. I really gotta start stocking up on these. They sound easy to make and I probably won't kill myself making them. Oh man, I'm such a spaz in the kitchen. If I can't microwave it or stir it in a pot it always turns into a calamity. I think cooking lessons is going in my list of things to learn near Piano and Auto Maintenance.

• Like 1

SPAM is safe to eat out of the can, so you can't undercook it, haha. I like it fried in a pan--musubi is the easiest thing in the world if you like to squish rice, and I guess if you do it right, it's a portable little meal.

But yeah, if I can't finish prepping the meal in thirty minutes, it better be really good or I just give up. The most intensive meal I make is potato soup, and most of the effort is in peeling and chopping potatoes.

I'll go to some lengths for desserts, but it better be for a good reason. I've made stuff like this and like this for potlucks and Christmas dinner.

I had to look at the pictures first but, wooh! I That's amazing you can make deserts like that or that SPAM could be made into such an interesting concoction. The homemade desert path is definitely an adventure I'm going to have to take. It's inspiring me to create my own home cooked meal I think I'm going to have to buy some serious instruments first though if I'm gonna get it looking as good as your pictures.

Here's what my layer cookies looked like (one had the peanut butter layer omitted). No picture of the dome that I know of, but it was pretty close to the website picture. It had a minor mishap moving from the rack to tray, but otherwise it was kind of pretty.

I like baking because all you have to do is follow the instructions, haha. Cooking is kind of hard for me because apparently my taste buds only recognise sweetness and potato chips. Java is a little more discerning in that regard, so I always get him to taste-test for me.

If you want something super super simple and delicious (and messy???), try these Oreo bars. Only three ingredients and they are delicious to the max. (If you like Oreos and marshmallows. If not, then I guess I am remiss in recommending this, haha.)

• Like 2

Here's what my layer cookies looked like (one had the peanut butter layer omitted). No picture of the dome that I know of, but it was pretty close to the website picture. It had a minor mishap moving from the rack to tray, but otherwise it was kind of pretty.

I like baking because all you have to do is follow the instructions, haha. Cooking is kind of hard for me because apparently my taste buds only recognise sweetness and potato chips. Java is a little more discerning in that regard, so I always get him to taste-test for me.

If you want something super super simple and delicious (and messy???), try these Oreo bars. Only three ingredients and they are delicious to the max. (If you like Oreos and marshmallows. If not, then I guess I am remiss in recommending this, haha.)

So all I need is Oreo's, a stick of butter, and Marshmellows and I can make that!!! Oh man, I gotta try this. BTW when you made all those Layered cookies were you having like a birthday or something.

BTW DA why did you eat at 3 AM and why was it just bread? Did you get back late from the bar or a late night at work?

• Like 1

So all I need is Oreo's, a stick of butter, and Marshmellows and I can make that!!! Oh man, I gotta try this. BTW when you made all those Layered cookies were you having like a birthday or something.

BTW DA why did you eat at 3 AM and why was it just bread? Did you get back late from the bar or a late night at work?

Not a trip to the bar, I was gaming all night and lost epic track of time, also the walking dead caught a lot of my attention cause it was on while I was gaming haha

• Like 1

The steak is only cooked one way because they have to serve for 3,000 plus people so you usually get it medium. The Lobster tail is next in line cooked to that golden fresh color. Then I usually get corn on the cobb and Rip-it's for the drink to wash it all down. After that I climb in line for the Ice Cream hoping they have chocolate. If they don't I'll settle for a cigarette break outside. Then I'll snag some Lemonade drink mixes and a cold water and be out the door. Very good stuff.

• Like 1

I made the layer bars on three different occasions, I think.

The first time was for a squadron bake sale and the other two were for potlucks.

I say potlucks; it was just an excuse to have a bunch of food on the floor so we could stuff our faces while sitting mission. I mean there were legit reasons--like I think a birthday and a going away party--but we all know it was just about eating tons of food.

When I was at Goodfellow, we'd have a fake birthday every week so we could cut class short on Friday and eat cake. Every week. I think we had one legit birthday.

I don't much regret it and I like not being in high school, haha. I hated the school I graduated out of. It was part of the reason I enlisted right after, because it was a guaranteed way out of that hellhole. tumblr_m9gckz0sJR1qzckow.gif

I think tonight will be chicken and rice. Last night was SPAM, rice, and eggs for Java and my roommate, and I just had SPAM and rice.