Anarchy

lemmingllama

If all world governments were simultaneously overthrown and all semblances of order and a ruling class were abolished, then what would you do? This is assuming that no army or other world power would rise up and immediately seize the reins on society, basically anarchy would reign.

Now, what would you do differently if some kind of cataclysmic event happened that would kill a large amount of the population and lay waste to the surroundings, like a world-wide 9.0 magnitude earthquake or a plague that also destroys plant life.

For the first scenario, I would live life similarly to how I do now. The only real difference would be that I would have to be much more vigilant since some people would take the time to go and loot/pillage areas, now that police forces would be broken apart.

For the second scenario, I would seclude myself after gathering the neccessary supplies to survive for a decent amount of time. Those who I trusted or befriended would also come with me, and it would become a group much like one in a zombie survival movie. Once a haven or city where people gather was designated and considered safe, then it would become my destination

OooooOOooOooO! I love you for posting this!

For the most part, I'd do with in the best of my ability to gain respect and idol of the people of the United States of Anarchy. I will become a figure of power and build a Monarchy of Anarchy! Every one can do what they want, when they want as long as they follow simple guide lines that would sortta be enforced by the fucks that want to. x ] A perfect world of Anarchy.

I'd gather as many people as I can, and migrate to a city and we will rebuild there. Gathering as many people as we can, recon wise. And when we have reestablished order... We repopulate. ; ]

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm interesting ..im assuming in both of these scenario that a large part or most of the population has been wiped out?? if so then first Id find what remained of the ppl i love. Id proceed then to get as many trucks as there are adults able to drive filling one truck with nothing but gas the other trucks filled with needed food supplies, weapons and ammo ...then make for a secluded area with an untainted water supply ......wait out the following society shitstorm and hope someone somewhere brings a bit of order back to society ....if not create our own little state adding ppl we find as we go along that are willing to follow our rules and can contribute to our group \ie farmers doctors workers so on so forth

hmm....this is an interesting thread [/END SPAMMER MODE]

Anarchy, my dearest friend. Me and my group of friends have the "Asshole Contingency", which is the ultimate plan should anything like this happen (be it anarchy, zombies, hyperinflation etc etc...). There is a local supermarket, or hypermarket for those who ain't of the european variety, called Carrefour. Its in a town midway between us all, and nearby there is a Leroy Merlin (hardware/gardenware shop) and a gun store. Perfect. After the supply run for all our crap we have two things too do.

One. Go north to the main nearby city, Valencia, and get any extras we need, such as lighters, ammo, food, medicine yada yada yadaaaa. Two. Go to the port with said supplies and board a tanker. If possible, two or three tankers...but if not, we'll grab the biggest, baddest most beastly super tanker we can find and set sail for Ibiza and the other balearias islands. Due to the ranks (olé counterstrike!) we have between us I'm the First Mate/Second-In-Command and also the logistics officer, plus helmsman (the only person that knows how to use a ship of such size, thanks to my dad, and I'm not leader to stop me from having to think about the trivial shit leaders go through) so we make sure we are long term.

The good thing about our plan is through the whole tanker move, we can mosey our way down to Ceuta or Meulia (spanish colonies in morocoo) too recruit/steal the only spanish carriers in the world, thus giving us air support, especially if we have an oil tanker (which normally have a distillator).

Strength in numbers is important, so I would gather with friends, family, and my friends family. We would probably just pool resources until a new government or a police force is formed. If we run out of food and water, we barter, and if we run out of things to barter, we loot.

In the second situation, the fact that I am alive means I survived the worst part. The first thing is I secure a working car. I would drive around and collect supplies from stores, hospitals, and materials for a shelter. The gasoline will be unusable eventually so I'd wanna work fast, and pick up as many helpful survivors as possible. I would also probably want to grab a generator or three from a hardware store. Defense would be important, so guns and ammo are nice, but that can wait depending on the number of survivors.