Power Supply

Irish

Care to tell us what you're using? Also CPU as well. Usually speaking I can make a good rough estimate by just knowing the CPU and GPU. But I'm assuming you're using a single CPU with a quadcore, so you only actually need about 500W (450W works as well) but that's pretty bare minimum, if crossfire you need 650W bare minimum but you can get away with 600W. Both brands are really good, me I would go with Antec. I don't know but read some bad reviews on that CORSAIR PSU apparently dieing out or something.

If you're gonna use dual GPU I say get at least 700Watts plus (what I would recommend) and some people say get over 1000W for a dual GPU, which I believe is BS! Lol heck I run on a cheap brand 550W PSU and works fine for like 3 years now =) (lucky me)

Care to tell us what you're using? Also CPU as well. Usually speaking I can make a good rough estimate by just knowing the CPU and GPU. But I'm assuming you're using a single CPU with a quadcore, so you only actually need about 500W (450W works as well) but that's pretty bare minimum, if crossfire you need 650W bare minimum but you can get away with 600W. Both brands are really good, me I would go with Antec. I don't know but read some bad reviews on that CORSAIR PSU apparently dieing out or something.

If you're gonna use dual GPU I say get at least 700Watts plus (what I would recommend) and some people say get over 1000W for a dual GPU, which I believe is BS! Lol heck I run on a cheap brand 550W PSU and works fine for like 3 years now =) (lucky me)

Hay, could you suggest a branded but cheap PSU to take for my PC. I have a Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz CPU and Sapphire Radeon hd 6770 1GB GDDR5 GPU.

I am having problems with my current PSU. It is a Gigabyte 460 watt PSU.

Hay, could you suggest a branded but cheap PSU to take for my PC. I have a Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz CPU and Sapphire Radeon hd 6770 1GB GDDR5 GPU.

I am having problems with my current PSU. It is a Gigabyte 460 watt PSU.

Lol I don't recommend a cheap PSU at all, always buy from well known brands. Only reason why I haven't changed my PSU yet is because I never got around to doing it. It came with my computer case and I didn't had anymore budget at the time to spend on a different PSU. But could you tell me your budget? And I would grab a 500W+ PSU, I don't recommend going bare minimum (for your case which is about 400W) unless you really have to. If you want it to be future proof then I would grab a 600W.

Suggestion:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171031

Lol I don't recommend a cheap PSU at all, always buy from well known brands. Only reason why I haven't changed my PSU yet is because I never got around to doing it. It came with my computer case and I didn't had anymore budget at the time to spend on a different PSU. But could you tell me your budget? And I would grab a 500W+ PSU, I don't recommend going bare minimum (for your case which is about 400W) unless you really have to. If you want it to be future proof then I would grab a 600W.

Suggestion:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171031

Thanks a lot. That would exactly fit my budget. And as I don't play any games on PC, I won't be doing any upgrades either.

Thanks a lot. That would exactly fit my budget. And as I don't play any games on PC, I won't be doing any upgrades either.

Found a better one: http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-StealthXStream2-80Plus-Supply-compatible/dp/B003UQSGZM

Only main difference is, that one is 80 PLUS while the other is 70 PLUS. If you don't care about saving power than the first one would do fine as well.

well my setup is this

AMD A8-3800(Quad core)

8GB of RAM

ATI Radeon HD6670

4TB of HDD

and as for the power supply its the stock.

Yeah even a 500W PSU would work as well (Not recommended). But go with the antec out of those two. My build is a lot more power hungry but a 550W PSU works fine =)

I work at a comp shop. Get the biggest baddest power supply you can get.

Only if you want your electricity bill to soar.

What's your budget on this? <$100?

My personal favorite in the 650W range is this one.

However, there are better efficiency power supplies for an equally higher price tag:

KingWin

Enermax

Those cost a pretty penny, but their efficiency and stability are reviewed as amazing.