Any female anime watchers get offended by some of the more sexual appealing anime?

layhoma

If I got offended by it in anime I'd have to get offended by it in regular shows too, and then I'd get rid of TV, and join a feminist movement, shave my head, and carry a sign demanding changes... And since I like my TV and my hair. I choose to not be offended, and to simply enjoy the show.

Love this post as well. I don't get offended by it but sometimes I just don't really see the point in it. Like many have said it sometimes kills the mood of the series/scece/etc. Will I stop watching a series because of it? No. If I did stop watching a series, like has already been said, I would have to stop watching regular TV as well. Most of the time I just ignore it.

Are you saying that because you're bisexual, you are therefore more open-minded; or that those are two things you just happen to be, no relation to the other? Because if it's the former, I disagree that sexuality has anything to do with being open or close-minded, especially when that concept could possibly give credence to the idea a lot of Tumblrites have that heterosexual people are close-minded bigots who hate everything. Not that they need any help in their campaign against "heterosexual cis scum", haha.

As for the topic itself, while I don't watch anime, sexual or suggestive material in itself in any medium (books, television, games) generally does not offend me--it's when it's misplaced, excessive, or poorly done that it causes an issue. Of course, anything misplaced/excessive/poorly done would decrease how much I enjoy something. As the saying goes, "You can ask an audience to believe the impossible, but not the improbable". It really does kill the mood if something suspenseful or terrifying is supposed to happen, but then there's a sudden focus on someone's underwear or breasts for no reason--definite mood whiplash.

• Like 2