Chronicle

Monad-Gnostis

Watch or pass?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Watch or pass?

Is a movie done by 20th century FOX, It shows what would happen if you stumble across a hidden "alien" artifact. Gaining powers from this "thing" the three youths put it to the test by experimenting with their new powers, they also take in consideration that its telekinetic. Going through high school the boys come up with interesting ways to "play" with their powers. Demonstrating while rec.. I feel dumb for putting up all this extra info... Anyway, what do you think? watch or pass?

I just saw this today. Ignore the trailers. this is NOT a found footage film. this is NOT a traditional superhero movie. But its a extremely well done drama and sci-fi thriller with neat twists and nice human drama. Nicely acted all around and great fx. It feels real in all the right ways.

I just saw this today. Ignore the trailers. this is NOT a found footage film. this is NOT a traditional superhero movie. But its a extremely well done drama and sci-fi thriller with neat twists and nice human drama. Nicely acted all around and great fx. It feels real in all the right ways.

Its not found footage but it is shot in the same way which ruined it for me. Not to mention the "twist" if you can call it that was shown in trailers and the action encompassed roughly 10 minutes.

I honestly loved this movie it was everything i wanted it to be. I didn't have any real expectations but i had a feel for what it might be. The camera style of found footage is being slightly over used but i think chronicle did it in such a way that it made the movie feel more realistic for me. I liked how it went with the approach of being a super hero movie without really addressing it kind of like the realistic version of what would happen if you got powers. Also Andrews progression with his camera was awesome in my opinion. Only gripe with the movie is andrew was more of a prick to his friends toward the end.