Graphical suggestions or help

Libitinarius

Hey, I noticed people at Kametsu rock with graphics, so I thought who better to ask for advice?

Was wondering what prog I could use to color in scanned sketches effectively besides (paint)? I want different layers of shading and such..

I tried using Photoshop 7 (bit of a newb) but correct me if I am wrong, it's primarily for editing images, not for coloring? I tried also tried to download adobe photoshop CS5 from off this site, but the file was empty.

If all else fails, would someone be willing to help color the image after I clean it up?

Thanks ~ Lib

• 5 weeks later...

As far as Adobe, Illustrator is perfect for that as well Photoshop. CorelDraw Suite is pretty decent, but I have my in and outs with it.

But for free alternatives, The Gimp and Paint.Net is the way to go. Take some time getting use to, but both are very powerful for being free alternatives.

• 4 weeks later...

paint tool SAI is used quite often for digital painting rather than photoshop, i use photoshop for mine because i know my way around it, but i always have my lines on a separate layer to the rest of the image. if you don't feel like redrawing your lines to keep them on a new layer i have a tut that might help in that regard http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=17117

• 6 months later...

I would suggest trying to get a decent version of photoshop running (>= CS) While Illustrator is great program for vector graphics you would have to convert your sketch into vectors before you could start coloring. This gets great results but is very work intensive. Photoshop on the other hand lets you do this more easy when you just paint over the picture.