Urahara, Kon, and Kenpachi English Dub voice actor change!

Koby

Kisuke Urahara had been voiced by Michael Lindsay, but as of episode 231 they have switched to Doug Erholtz for Urahara's voice. Did anyone else notice the change and what are your thoughts on it? Was the change for better or for worse and why do you think as such?

I personally haven't heard the switch but I got to say I thought the old Urahara had one of the better dubs of the show so I'm a bit curious as to why the sudden switch.

As you might remember they changed Chad's (Sado) voice actor back at the beginning of the Bount filler and well he just hasn't been the same since.

*EDIT*

It was pointed out to me that Kon has also been given a new voice actor.

*EDIT 2*

Now Kenpachi's voice actor has been changed as well.

Stop! When I first heard him I thought that he had a cold when recording. When I realized that it was a new voice actor, and that it was the same voice actor who did Gin, I swore to myself! It's also him in the 3rd movie. The voice didn't seem to stand out as much either. It seemed to be a little more like the original. I'm gonna really miss the original kisuke but this guy seems to be a fairly good replacement.

I agree with you completely It's not just the sound of there voice, it's the character they bring to that role. Like Chad for example. The first voice actor gave me the impression of a really laid back dude, the type who takes his time to respond, and definetly not the kind that talks a lot. This new guy is a lot more forceful and verbal. I know that the roles are being written and he can't do anything about the amount of words he has to say, but it's the way he delivers them. It's just not the same. I wish they had left Kisuke the way he was before. He just isn't Kisuke anymore.

i was soooo pissed when i found out that kisuke had a new voice actor, because he's my fave character. then i also noticed its the same as gin ichimaru, and i was like, wtf?! how can that be anything like kisuke?! but then i heard it in that episode where it changed.. i thought it sounded a bit awkward :| but afterwards i thought it was okay.. they could have done worse, thats what i thought so im glad its not THAT bad. im really gonna miss kisuke's normal voice still. T_T come back michael lindsay!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...