Duality

shyguysteve

I know there is a thread with the same title somewhere but I have my own thoughts to rant about.

Do you think life, our lives in particular consist of forces of two? such as life and death, day and night, lies and truth. Do these rules of two rule our lives? what do you think? or are they only but the source from each other. You can not die unless you are "alive" there is no shadow without "light" there is no truth without "lies".

Chaos and peace, freedom and slavery, earth and the sky, the duality of balances are endless and everywhere.

Good and Evil, can there be one without the other? or are they the same?

These questions are everywhere, you do not have to answer them, just your views of "duality"

Duality is just part of the proof we need to explain things.

If I said America is my favorite place to live in the world, it would be true, but it has no real meaning since I have never lived anywhere else. That would be my example of ignorance, like a baby who doesn't know right from wrong. In order to fully understand something, we must also comprehend what it is not.

Duality is really a myth for the most part, because not everything has an exact opposite. Up seems like the opposite of down, however in terms of acceleration they are both identical. If I kidnap someone it is evil, but if that person was going to commit murder and I prevented it, I did a good thing.

If you must put everything in two categories, then you have "something" and "everything except that thing."

this is an interesting concept, ive always thought of our existence consisitng of multiple dimensions

erm....hate to break it to ya mate....but that has nothing to do with duality. Duality is the concept that everthing has an opposite. Examples above include Fire and water (despite them not really being opposites of each other) or a better example good and evil.

For the most part many forces do occur in two's(pairs) but of course there will be others that do not fit this category things like Gravitational Force, air pressure, friction...

But then again like Lemmingllama has already mentioned some forces that occur in pairs depend on how you perceive them. For example night and day some animals may take the night has there day.

Do these rules of two rule our lives? In many ways than one yeah for sure the do have some sort of rule that itself was created by us. i.e if you do something wrong there has to be an opposite way for it to be right, in some cases.