Square Enix Details Two More Final Fantasy Nintendo DS Titles

Koby

Square Enix has released first details regarding its two newest DS titles: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates and Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire.

The second Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles title is directed by Mitsuru Kamiyama, main programmer of the original GameCube title. As previously announced, Toshiyuki Itahana is again acting as character designer. Square Enix decided to stick to the action-oriented battle system and multiplayer features of the original game.

Ring of Fates takes place in a world where a holy and an evil crystal co-exist. In the single player campaign, two twins named July and Cherinka are at the center of a heart-shaking story. In the multiplayer mode, players have to create their own character and then complete various quests in parties of up to four.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Fuuketsu no Grimoire is the spiritual successor to Square Enix's 2003 GameBoy Advance title Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. No other details are available about the game at this point.

Both games' release dates are currently list as "TBA" in Japan.

• 1 month later...

i've read into them already and they both sound very interesting. i brought a N:DS just for FFIII but now i'm doubly pleased i've got one now becasue of these new titles from square-enix. plus there are some secret of mana games on there too, and also multiplayer on the DS is just awesome,. nothing like the PSP where you all need too own the game to play multiplayer, the DS runs off one cart in most cases, just larger games with save files require two cartridges.