BF 3 vs. CoD MW 3?

DestinyWarrior

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both mw3 and BF3 on 360.

Campaigns:On BF3 was a little boring it ticks all the boxes for a first person shooter like a sniping mission a mission in a tank and one in a plane (although you don't get to actually pilot the plane) but it didn't really grab me and didn't really do anything new. The campaign MW3 was more of the same nothing really new happening here the characters were a little more likable and had a couple of novelty moments such as controlling a remote control turret and driving a little scuba...thing.

Multiplayer: Why most people buy one of these games BF3 can be quite daunting and tricky if your new to the BF or BFBC series especially if your playing classic BF game types such as rush or Conquest but once you have gotten used to the game type and have some half decent attachments for your gun of choice not to mention the selection of vehicles you can get into and your well away The TDM in BF3 is pretty much what you would expect however the spawning is evil there has been many occasions when i have spawned on a live grenade or in the middle of someones gun fire. MW3 multiplayer feels quite different to me than what i remember in previous COD games the way you put your classes together is very different you still have to select 3 perks primary and secondary weapons and what-not but some of the perks have been broken down and moved to a extra perk specifically for you primary weapon. At the moment i have only played TDM on verses multiplayer the first thing to notice is the significant drop in health it now takes a lot less bullets you to die. The spawns are not partially nice (however they are not as bad as the spawns BF3 TDM) The other problem i found was the lack of variety in the maps sure they all have different appearance such as snow and urban etc. but their only seems to be a collection close quarters fighting through door ways and corridors even on the larger maps, and this is more of a criticism of the people who play MW3 rather than the game its self but the masses of people who camp and drop shot is astonishing its enough to ruin the game for anyone.

Graphics: While MW3 looks like it hasn't really changed much since COD4. BF3 really looks amazing the textures are better the edges are sharper and the maps often look different due to destroy the buildings in it.

That was my general conclusion. :)

I've never played a CoD game in my life so I really don't know about the multiplayer that intimately (I feel like it's useless to discuss the single player for these games). From the youtubes I've seen, the reports I've read from sites, and the testimony of players, I gather that the MW series has the sameish fast paced feel that counter-strike had. In fact, I draw CS:S as the closest parallel in my experience to what I hear about the MW series (except modernized with different weapons, more features/options, and better graphics of course). I think that's why people like it. It's mindless. You don't need to know anything if you have fast reactions and you're good at general aiming in FPS games. You go in, kill, kill, kill, and kill. It's fast-paced, got an easy learning curve, and it's fun.

I do own BF3, so I'll be speaking from experience for this game. If I had to draw a parallel with BF3, it'd be Red Orchestra. The feel of RO's fights, the teamwork involved in winning, the obvious upper hand vehicles give over infantry, and the genuine fear I feel sometimes when playing the game are all mirrored with differing intensities in BF3. BF3 is obviously a much more professional game which is more balanced, better graphics wise, and better features wise, but the team play aspect, and focus on vehicles for large maps carries over well. The realism, graphical intensity, and thought process necessary to be successful in the game is what brought me to love BF3.

I read a review somewhere which highlights the main difference between what I think of the two games. I can't quote directly, but it went something like this: "I like mw3 because I don't have to think. I'm tired after a long day at school, I don't want to sit down to a game, think, and work together with other people to win. I just want to go and have some mindless fun for a while." The thought aspect is what I see as the as the main difference. "Can I keep my kill-streak going a little longer? Is there someone around this corner? He went in there so I should go in here and surprise him! Woah! enemies around this corner, I'll toss a nade in then spray down whoever survives." that's the kind of thought I would expect in MW3 (I may be wrong; I'm going off what I would think in CS:S :P). "Shoot, my squad mate just got sniped, where's the sniper... I can't look around the corner this way, I'll try to go around and try to flank his possible position and see if I can get a shot", "Tank's heading for the objective my teammate just armed I'll spot it so he knows about it and try to take it out with my RPG before it gets to him", "The other team's pressuring the East objectives, I'll take a jeep and try to push behind them and get them to turn around and give my team a chance to push back" that's the kind of thoughts I have in BF3. There's a pretty clear difference there, and going off what I've read I would say it's at least semi-accurate. At times I crave the mindlessness of just shooting people in a match, but most of the time I like the strategy aspect of BF3 which is why I think I like it.

from what I've heard of MW3 most people think it is far too similar to MW2. It may have broken records, but it has also come to the point where the fans want something...new, properly new. Not just some shitty game modes and swapping a little bit here and there about. I know of many people who won't be buying Cod...erm what one will the next one be? Oh well, who cares when they're all the same after MW2 anyway:D I'll stick with skyrim for now, that game reminded me of how fun it can be to be a gamer.

• 2 weeks later...