Random Talk.

Talena Mae

And there's gonna be a lesbian senator

Aww ye

I'm gonna be really surprised if Maryland doesn't vote for gay marriage. I did notice in the numbers that there's a bit of divide over question 4, whereas the rest of the questions are pretty much 80-20--aside from the gay marriage thing and whether Maryland should expand gambling or whatever. I don't care about question 7, but they make it seem like West Virginia is syphoning all of their cash money.

That doesn't even make sense. How is Obama keeping you from getting a job?? And everyone's vote matters, but I doubt it's ever going to come down to a single vote to determine who the president is. u-u

I mean, a president isn't a dictator. No matter who won, the world wasn't going to end. I don't like Romney, but I doubt he would be able to turn the country upside down even if he wanted to.

If Romney had won, there would have been no one to stop the republicans from messing things up for anyone who doesn't fit their narrow conservative view on the world. With Obama in office, there is some kind of balance at least. They'll still try to block him on things that need to be done, he'll veto things that shouldn't be done.

Just seems like people take this time to be unnecessarily upset about things they didn't care about previously. Either way, it wasn't going to be as bad or as good as it seemed. I'm just glad my dash will be getting back to normal and people on Facebook can stop threatening to unfriend each other. Still waiting for people to stop arguing about same-sex marriage, but I'd be better off waiting for my cats to learn to clean out their own litter box.

Maybe toilet train them, if I didn't worry they'd manage to drown themselves in the toilet.

It definitely seems like a thing, complete with a video of a cat peeing.

I've had articles saved about how to toilet train a cat for years ever since I first discovered you could do it, but I've never had the motivation. Our cats now certainly enjoy hanging out in the bathroom--for the first few weeks we were in the apartment, Willis hid between the shower curtains for hours on end. We'd catch him sneaking out to pee and eat, but other than that.

Looks like it's a set of toilet seat attachments that first encourage the cat to use the toilet as its litter box, then slowly gets smaller and smaller till you don't have anything and the cat just goes straight in the toilet. Now you just need to teach the cat to flush after it's done.

Some people recommend not teaching cats to flush because they start flushing the toilet even when they don't have to. Because they're cats.

When I was in tech school, we'd watch random videos on Youtube on our down days, like after a speaking test or whatever. And when I was in Texas, one of our instructors would insist on playing the birthday hat song whenever it was someone's birthday (also we had fake birthdays every Friday because cake--I think we celebrated one real birthday in the time I was there).