IMPORTANT: Having Issues with Host.

Koby

Okay so I've been back and forth trying to please our hosting provider (which I shouldn't have to do). They keep claiming my sites are too busy and using too much resources with too many requests and shit. Which while they are pretty popular, we are still pretty small, and I don't feel like we are big enough to need the shit they claim. They want me to move to a VPS which is like $150 a month, which I cannot afford, and do not think we need.

I'm tired of the shit, and after removing several things including the buttons for the topsite lists, etc.. and cutting the server load by 60% they claim we are still using too many resources and stuff and still want me to move to VPS.

So anyways I told them off, and said that pretty much their service was shit and if they don't sort it out I will probably leave to another provider. I haven't heard back yet, but they may shut the site down and claim it was server abuse. Only problem is I'm at home and on dial-up thus I have not been able to get back ups of our databases like this forum etc.. so if they do we will lose everything. Yes we can move to another host, I've got all the site pages, etc.. but if I can't get the databases that would mean a forum restart, so please just in case that happens, you might want to back up important topics like the downloads etc.. to notepad files so they can be re-posted if worse comes to worse.

Just letting you have the heads up. I'll keep you informed.

That's some BS there! Well, I finally have my OWN PC! So I can do the backup..but I don't know how to do it on these forums because I've never done it before.

Admin CP -> Maintenance tab -> Database Backup

Not sure if your account has that tab or not in vB.

Admin CP -> Maintenance tab -> Database Backup

Not sure if your account has that tab or not in vB.

users dont have a maintenance tab... unfortunately... so either... you need to get someone that can store it (im not available) and boost them to Admin Status... or give out your account info for them to do it through yours...

users dont have a maintenance tab... unfortunately... so either... you need to get someone that can store it (im not available) and boost them to Admin Status... or give out your account info for them to do it through yours...

I was telling that to Koga, who happens to be an Admin. =P