Fundraising

lemmingllama

So lets say that someone comes up to your door and tries to sell something to you. Its being sold to raise money for some cause. Whatever it is, you know that its about double the cost that you would normally purchase this thing.

Do you buy it no matter what since its helping their cause? Or is it a money thing, where you will only do it if it isnt a lot of money?

tl;dr Someones selling shit for fundraising, why do you buy/not buy it?

I tend to not buy it unless the fundraising is to benefit something that would actually go to the cause. There are too many fundraisers out there that most of the raised money doesn't actually go to the benefit of the cause but rather the greedy people running it. Take for example Breast Cancer, by far the most popular for fundraising of all cancers--even the NFL supports it. However they use the money to sue smaller fundraisers such as Childhood Cancer fundraisers and shit. I'd never help support Breast Cancer because cause has already been solved and the money is just being thrown away towards lawsuits to rob from other fundraisers.

I tend to not buy it unless the fundraising is to benefit something that would actually go to the cause. There are too many fundraisers out there that most of the raised money doesn't actually go to the benefit of the cause but rather the greedy people running it. Take for example Breast Cancer, by far the most popular for fundraising of all cancers--even the NFL supports it. However they use the money to sue smaller fundraisers such as Childhood Cancer fundraisers and shit. I'd never help support Breast Cancer because cause has already been solved and the money is just being thrown away towards lawsuits to rob from other fundraisers.

ouch... Sometimes girls still die from breast cancer but there isn't anything we can do about. I don't think any amount of fundraising will help it. My friends mother died from Breast cancer. But I think it was cause they found out way to late. If you find out about your breast cancer soon it can be stopped.

But I don't do any kinda of fundraising cause it just wont end up where it's meant to.

My mom just distracted me with a conversation about a masturbating bird

Edit: Oh yeah I just remembered. I don't mind donating online to something like someone needing a leg. But any lesser donations I don't really do.

• 2 weeks later...