Tapatalk?

zolockit

What are the benefits and features added by enabling it?

I read a little bit of their FAQ and such and I just might install it...

I can only reply as an Android user. As you know may know, I kind of dislike iOS.

Tapatalk is a nice interface for viewing forums on a mobile platform.

Five tabs on the top and each have multiple levels to see various parts of the forums.

"Latest" gives you Unread, All, and Participated.

YEoTz.png

Forums tab breaks down the forums by their subforums and further down by their sub forums:

4mMeg.png

nKOaa.png

3s76c.png

zcw9y.png

Favorites allows you to store your favorites.

a9qx4.png

PM shows your inbox/outbox

7zidz.png

dEUrV.png

More allows some customization:

GRCcQ.png

There are also settings you can alter on style, view, font size, search history, if you want it to send notifications for new posts, custom signature, post per page.

As someone who uses their phone for practically everything, I can say it's great. Others who tend to use their device might find it to be a great substitute.

Yeah it works well:

Screenshot:

20111017011224.png

That's when I'm signed in.

A guest sees this:

20111017011846.png

20111017011949.png

They can't actually click the threads in download sections , it just 'tries to load' and does nothing. It's like teasing a guest so that's pretty good.

There is a free client for the interface (convo tapatalk client), but I use the paid official version that one can obtain through dubious ways. :x

It's an older version though.

Thanks for enabling this feature though. :>

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Is the forum still Tapatalk compatible? I finally coughed up the dough to buy the official version, and I can't ever log onto Kam. Other forums are working fine.

No need for Tapatalk on Kametsu anymore since IP.Board comes bundled with Mobile support. Try it out. Go to Kametsu in your mobile browser and it should pull up the mobile skin.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the main issue is the status updates; I can't update my own status or comment on anyone else's.

Though I don't know that switching to Tapatalk would even make a difference, haha. I haven't played with it much; the other forum I visit has been down for weeks.

I'll see what I can do about that.

I find myself using my mobile to access the forum more frequently as of late since my lack of an internet connection.