Dissidia II Will Happen, If Fans Want It

cloud1414

So far, Dissidia: Final Fantasy can't be seen as anything other than a huge success. It outsold Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII in a very small period of time and it continues to sell reasonably well on the PSP almost 2 months after its initial release. It's inevitable that Square Enix are already planning a full-blown sequel to capitalise on their new found riches, right? Wrong.

Tetsuya Nomura has disclosed that while Dissidia II was something at the front of their minds, other projects have gained more importance and Dissidia II has been shelved indefinitely. However, he did leave the door open by claiming that if enough fans ask Square Enix to make the game, they will strongly consider developing a sequel.

This is effectively the same thing as saying "there will be a Dissidia II", as almost 1,000,000 Japanese gamers have bought the game so far, and only positive things have been circulated. Whether or not it actually happens remains to be seen, but Tetsuya Nomura wants to make it and he has considerable weight within Square Enix.

Source: Final Fantasy Union

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Word is that if a Dissidia II is made then some Kingdom Hearts characters might be in it! also other main characters that were not in the first one such a Kain and Yuna might be in this one. I think the use of summons might be a great add to the game, not like in the first one but that you are able to call them out to help you for a short time, other then that the game is great!

I'm a fan, GIMMEH 0.0

Haven't played the earlier FF games much so can't say a huge amount for them, but I want; Barret from FF7, Rinoa or Selphie from FF8, Steiner from FF9, Auron from FFX. then it'll probably be Vaan from FFXII and I heard something about them not wanting to put Lightning in it, So I'm gonna go for Snow :)

• 3 weeks later...

Dissidia: Final Fantasy is a great game, but lacks in plot. It's cheesy there. But there are so many great things about the game and what you can do that it practically begs for a sequel just to further develop and improve on it. A sequel would be great, but for a console because they don't have the space on the UMD for more characters and content.