Have we been at war for too long

DEATHxxx50bmg

**In regards to my post, "We" will in most cases refer to the United States.**

The whole "war on terrorism" facade? I'm afraid the middle-east conflict is not a war (Factually, it is not a war because congress did not declare it), we're just policing the area so that further conflict doesn't occur. I really do think it's only about obtaining oil from the middle-east. I seriously and whole-heartedly applaud your efforts and risks that you take for an average american civvie like myself, so that I may retain my rights and freedom, but I feel your efforts are not returning full potential compared to the risks you are taking.

The U.S. is further digging itself into debt and this "War on terrorism" lasted essentially near a decade, not to mention it is still going, but roughly since then it has been a decade. If we wanted to be statistical, we would've fought world war 1 and re-fought world war 2 back to back in the time we've been "fighting terrorism" and that's not including if we'll be there for the next decade as well. I'm also not sure about the numbers, but we may have very well lost more men and women in this decade conflict compared to our losses in both the great wars from over half a century ago combined.

i worded it wrong. i aplogize. the middle east has been at war for centuries. i mean the 10 years and thousands of american and foreign allied soldiers that have been lost. once we leave there is a good chance it will go back to what it was before we invaded. but i understand where you come from. thanks for you opinion

Truthfully humanity has always thrived on war

When there is time for war in that period of time, technological advancements advance the fastest during thes times. Look ehaat America was able to do in the 6 years of WWII, it was able to build the atom bomb something that would have taken a few decades if there was no need for it.

The other reason would be if they was no war people would get soft and when the time of crisis came they would not know how to react.

But if they were to just bomb a country to the ground what gives them the right to do so, take it for instance just cause some people are fighting those who are against it have to be bombed to the ground just cause of other, so mistakes, so no offense DrumRoll but that was a stupid comment.

And it's nice to see a fellow soldier, I'm going for m military training next year.

Its only stupid if you leave anyone alive to question your authority.

anyway, its what we did in every other war.....and they've all ended.

Besides, its no less 'stupid' than fighting this ridiculous war of morals. The war in afghanistan is a farce, soldiers have to play the role of politician when they should simply be fighting.

Also, I'm sure whatever our true motive for fighting these wars is; oil, money etc, it'll still be there when the dust settles.

**In regards to my post, "We" will in most cases refer to the United States.**

The whole "war on terrorism" facade? I'm afraid the middle-east conflict is not a war (Factually, it is not a war because congress did not declare it), we're just policing the area so that further conflict doesn't occur. I really do think it's only about obtaining oil from the middle-east. I seriously and whole-heartedly applaud your efforts and risks that you take for an average american civvie like myself, so that I may retain my rights and freedom, but I feel your efforts are not returning full potential compared to the risks you are taking.

The U.S. is further digging itself into debt and this "War on terrorism" lasted essentially near a decade, not to mention it is still going, but roughly since then it has been a decade. If we wanted to be statistical, we would've fought world war 1 and re-fought world war 2 back to back in the time we've been "fighting terrorism" and that's not including if we'll be there for the next decade as well. I'm also not sure about the numbers, but we may have very well lost more men and women in this decade conflict compared to our losses in both the great wars from over half a century ago combined.

Well..according to Wikipedia (I know, can't be trusted 100%) U.S. military losses in World War 1 were 116,708. In World War II, it was 416,800. That's 533,508.

Compare that with 5,921 military casualties worldwide for the War on Terror. For a war that's lasted twice as long as either World War, and didn't have as clear cut a reason for actually going to war (well...beyond Afghanistan), its actually pretty light so far. Of course civilian casualties are in the million plus range.

yes. Its is regretable but at some point France will have to be nuked. We must secure the cheese and garlic for the west.

Oh men your killing me only thing you think about is the cheese and garlic.

But your right Naitomeru87 it is around the future but I doubt it will last long cause the real battle will begin after the nuclear hola cost then we will see how long humans can last.

Nuclear war will destroy civilization, nuclear winter will deal with humanity itself.

Not exactly if you wait it out in your underground bunker and wait for the storm to finish you will survive, you seriously think the government would launch war heads and not have a bunker to protect themselves.

Truthfully humanity has always thrived on war

When there is time for war in that period of time, technological advancements advance the fastest during thes times. Look ehaat America was able to do in the 6 years of WWII, it was able to build the atom bomb something that would have taken a few decades if there was no need for it.

And is there a need for it, even right now? No. I side with the US on almost every conflict the country has had except Iraq, but being the only who has so far used the atomic bomb is a fucking shame for every human on this planet, it was of way of saying "we can do it, and so can you" to the whole arms race; and maybe they will someday, just for kicks. Humanity thrived on war ever since it can remember, and it will continue to do so until there's not much left to burn, because, it's one of the things we *thrive* on, killing our own species is what we do best; if this doesn't make you sad then nothing much else will.