What if it wasn't Naruto shippuden instead Sasuke shippuden?

zino_go

If Sasgay was main character I'd stop watching. Everything that is wrong with the show revolves around that gay weakling emo punk who even the creator didn't want in the show. Sasuke was only made because the publishers said Naruto needed a rival. So he wrote him leaving as quickly as a he could... but since then the whole story has been about trying to rescue him. When he doesn't even want to be rescued. He gets all his power from other people with no effort. I say kill Sasuke and end the misery.

Damn Koby don't you think that that is kind of rather harsh the way you speak of Sasuke, Imean yeah he is a puck ass gay for leaving his comrades when all they tried to do was help him but he is one of those cool characters in anime like Koda from d.gray man.

To the topic I can't say I can see Sasuke acting like a complete idiot and at the same time I can't see Naruto acting like some emo puck bent on revenge.The roles suit every one as they are, I mean imagine Sakura acting like some shy wimpy kid or Hinata being a violent raging bull, bottom line is if it was Sauke Shippuden I would pour fuel o the creators then set them alight on fire while I sit on a lorn chair sipping on my soda watching them burn to death, then I would use black magic to bring them back to life and do it over and over again until I get bored.

I say kill Sasuke and end the misery.

Yeah, kinda harsh. But with how ridiculous Sasuke has become I am beginning to support this idea. I mean he is easily to blame for what...at least half of the tragedy and pain brought about in the series?

Yet, I can't see Sakura or Naruto being able to carry on with living if he were to die.

At the beginning of "Naruto", I wondered why it was called that and not "Sasuke". Everything seemed to be centered around him with obnoxious little Naruto picking up the slack. Now Naruto is adored and Sasuke is hated. Rightfully so.

Imo the most watchable parts of shippuuden have been with Sasuke, I hate his character almost as much as I hate Naruto himself(seriously, anyone else out of the leaf ninja would've made a better main character) but it just turns out that the least cringetastic and darker, violent moments of the show revolve around him...he still sucks though but he would make a less sucky main character.

At the beginning of "Naruto", I wondered why it was called that and not "Sasuke". Everything seemed to be centered around him with obnoxious little Naruto picking up the slack. Now Naruto is adored and Sasuke is hated. Rightfully so.

Strange I actually never thought of it that way but you are right everything is basically cantered around Sasuke and yeah he is to blame for nearly most of the problems, but at the same time if he never ran away and became stronger Naruto wouldn't have the drive he needs to become stronger.

Imo the most watchable parts of shippuuden have been with Sasuke, I hate his character almost as much as I hate Naruto himself(seriously, anyone else out of the leaf ninja would've made a better main character) but it just turns out that the least cringetastic and darker, violent moments of the show revolve around him...he still sucks though but he would make a less sucky main character.

The only scenes involving Sasuke really have been him getting his ass handed to him over and over again, except his fight against Danzo. So I guess that is a plus for him during his scenes. =P

Also I see people talking about the start of the series being focused on Sasuke. Did you seriously actually watch the show? Sasuke was a coward who froze during every major fight in the beginning. Sasuke vs. Haku.. he froze and lost and Naruto saves him. Sasuke vs Orochimaru, he froze up and Naruto saves him again.

Focused on mainly Sasuke? Are you kidding me? It was about Naruto and Sasuke as rivals. It was about their dreams and the fact they found each other to be an obstacle. And all the while, Sakura is caught in the middle whilst occasionally (and slowly) developing as a character. It's about Naruto developing as a character too. As he becomes a better person, Sasuke doesn't change. His determination, hate and competitive side remain the same. Naruto is about Naruto and his team mates as far as I can see. Like.. Naruto & co.

Yeah that does make sense the story wouldn't be the same without Sasuke I mean who else is supposed to give Naruto motivation to become stronger and plus if you remember the episode where him and Sasuke fought in the last fight in the Naruto series, Naruto said that him and Sasuke had grown so close theat he had began to consider him his brother.

Can those who've watched the subbed of Shippuden please use the spoiler tags when disclosing information about whats happened past the dubbed version.

Cus I know you all hate Sasuke.. But Naruto can be an equally annoying opponent. Comon. He makes friends with EVERYBODY. You hate that guy.

That really isn't a valid reasoning for hating Naruto.

And it only seemed like everything was centered around Sasuke at the very beginning. He was the prodigy that everyone was rooting for. Naruto, who even though he came to Sasuke's aid during his fight with Haku and Orochimaru, still wasn't the individual that was given a lot of thought to start out with. Even in the Chunin exams it was Sasuke that everyone was waiting for. It wasn't until Naruto started proving his worth and incredible willpower did he begin to be acknowledged and you could better understand why it was called "Naruto". It only took a lot longer at the beginning for him to catch up to Sasuke who almost always came in first place.

Naruto is a Gary Stu, which when unintentional is grounds for disliking. You're suppose to take him seriously as a struggling character but there's very little struggle he has to endure... He has all the chakra anyone could ever need,

He's the son of the 4th,

the demon fox is within him, and the "magical essence" of making friends with everyone he meets (which they refer to many times). Nobody in the show hates Naruto, even Sasuke seems to have friendly feelings for him at some point or another.

Pain, Nagato, all his enemies are like "It's all up to you, Naruto, I place my trust in YOU. For bringing about world peace."

Anyway, I think the plot arcs of Naruto have gone for longer than they should be, in relation to Sasuke and Naruto, the 'ol hate feud and how long they hold on to the idea that Sasuke is redeemable, and that alone being pretty much the central idea to the Manga. Kind of a shaky basis. But back to the real conversation, if it were flipped, The story would take on new ends..

Such as Sasuke's immersion and dealings with the Akatsuki, which,

since the Akatsuki are so numerous and detailed for some reason, might prove to be a more interesting story since it's atleast from a slightly more seldom used angle... the bad guys. Maybe be an interesting change if it was from the point of view of assassin/rogue-ninjas (as ninjas are wont to be.. sneaky), attacking the village of goody-two-shoes instead, casting antagonistic light on The Leaf and their oddish form of government.

• 1 month later...