Favorite Anime Game

suyash_shetty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 years later...
  • 3 years later...

InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask was really nice. Turn-based jrpgs are my bread and butter so having an anime game follow that formula was fantastic.

Full Metal Alchemist: Curse of the Crimson Elixer was another PS2 anime game that actually was surprisingly pretty well done.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 will probably always be my favorite one on one fighting game based on an anime.

What do we actually classify as an anime game though? Would it be any game series that at any point eventually had an anime or specifically a game that was first an anime and got a game later? I ask because well for example... Dragon Quest V got an anime movie a few years ago... like decades after the game came out. Can we now call DQ5 an anime game or no? lol. Then there is Pokemon, where the anime follows the same region/area but is basically it's own thing. XenoSaga has an anime, but the games are much better imo. Persona is another game series that has gotten a lot of anime.

Just now, Koby said:

Turn-based jrpgs are my bread and butter

Heck yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about, man!

Just now, Koby said:

What do we actually classify as an anime game though?

I was wondering this as well. I think the spirit of the thread is games that are based on existing anime & not the other way around. I see some anime art style games posted as well...I'm not the OP so I can't make the definitive call, though! While I'm thinking about it, I'd really like a Dark Cloud anime someday.

I bought One Piece Odyssey on Steam a while back during a sale. Been meaning to give that one a play. I hear it's pretty similar to Dragon Quest but with a One Piece skin, dunno how true that is though, but another turn-based anime game to hopefully enjoy.

1 hour ago, Koby said:

InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask was really nice. Turn-based jrpgs are my bread and butter so having an anime game follow that formula was fantastic.

Full Metal Alchemist: Curse of the Crimson Elixer was another PS2 anime game that actually was surprisingly pretty well done.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 will probably always be my favorite one on one fighting game based on an anime.

What do we actually classify as an anime game though? Would it be any game series that at any point eventually had an anime or specifically a game that was first an anime and got a game later? I ask because well for example... Dragon Quest V got an anime movie a few years ago... like decades after the game came out. Can we now call DQ5 an anime game or no? lol. Then there is Pokemon, where the anime follows the same region/area but is basically it's own thing. XenoSaga has an anime, but the games are much better imo. Persona is another game series that has gotten a lot of anime.

1 hour ago, Zemekis said:

Heck yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about, man!

I was wondering this as well. I think the spirit of the thread is games that are based on existing anime & not the other way around. I see some anime art style games posted as well...I'm not the OP so I can't make the definitive call, though! While I'm thinking about it, I'd really like a Dark Cloud anime someday.

Classify as a anime game. I think I know! I believe it's called Japanimation. (Tales of, Star Ocean, Atelier, to name some J-RPG titles for example. *nod* Persona and Dark Cloud too. Woot!)

Glad I've beat the first FMA game "And The Broken Angel" almost half a decade back. Also have this game on my position somewhere and ready anytime.