Guess my turn to ask for help

Heya.

Right off the bat let me state I like things dark, brutal, bloody, violent and with a hint of sexual innuendo. Hel, throw in sex if you like, I'm 40 w 2 kids so I think I know what goes where :P

I'm basically looking for a new series to watch. Mayhaps even the odd movie here or there.

Books read:

Pick it from Sci-Fi and Fantasy Fiction and I've likely read it tbh. Refer to the above for my tastes in manga lol. (Eg? Really wish they'd release the second season of Tokko onto anime!)

Music:

I'm told my taste is "eclectic". I have bright happy chirpy stuff, gothic metal, standard metal, pop, dance, etc. Love Rammstein, Seether, Christina Aguilera (told you! lol), NiN, Pink Floyd ... don't think I need to on anymore about all that.

Roleplay/Games:

Currently Larping in Mage, have played in Forsaken, used to run a Vampire. About to go old school and play Rifts and thoroughly enjoying a dungeon crawl in 4e DnD :P

Was playing EvE Online for 3+ years, currently playing League of Legends. Less intensive, more time for other stuff...remember those kids I mentioned?

Onto the anime!

Watched and own:

Ghost in the Shell (all available). Love it

Hellsing + OVA's. Love it

Darker then Black (all available). Love it

Deadman Wonderland (to date). Love it

Bleach (to date). Yeah, used to love it, now? Ummmm

Fairy Tail. Love it - Great to watch w my girls! :)

Freezing. Love it (yeah yeah)

High School of the Dead. Lost it's way in there somehow

Death Note. Love it

Seikon No Qwaser (all available). Undecided tbh

Soul Eater. Got frustrating towards the end

Black Cat. Haven't finished it tbh, not even sure I want

Black Blood Brothers. Enjoyed it, left me feeling like I'd eaten McDonald's tho

Code Geass. Gundam meets Dune huh? Bad bad bad ending

Elfen Lied. Tell me there's more coming out and I'll be a happy man

Tokko. Needs more!!

D. Gray Man. Love it, needs more though.

Angel Beats. I confess I cried at the end ... call me a girl, get it over with :P

FMA. Started, got puzzled with FMA:B and stopped. Still puzzled.

The Familiar of Zero. Cute ... daughters remember? lol

Akira. Everyone's seen it tho :P

Hellgirl. Just started to watch it, still unsure

Evangalion I use it to torture people :P

Outright wasn't fussed with:

Battlegirls

Level E (only watched 1 episode tho)

Dragon Crisis

Dragon Drive

The World God only Knows

Got a few others, but they're packed away atm and I can't recall what they are.

Need my movie choices? Let me know. Otherwise, hope I gave you all enough info to hopefully give me some advice and some good choices!

Thanks in advance :)

Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, The Vision of Escaflowne, and possibly Desert Punk, Blue Gender, Claymore, and Blood+. I might also suggest Toward the Terra, but I'm not sure if that's been picked up by anyone, so it may only have a sub available. On the horror side of things, you also might try Higurashi When They Cry, but the second season of that, which has all the answers in it, is sub only and is unlikely to ever be picked up by anyone to get a dub.

On the horror side of things, you also might try Higurashi When They Cry, but the second season of that, which has all the answers in it, is sub only and is unlikely to ever be picked up by anyone to get a dub.

Especially since the company that held the license to the first season at this time, FUNimation, has let their license expire and let it be known they will not license anymore of the series nor it's spin-offs nor even shows in the similar vein of it due to lack of sells recently. The problem with this statement though is many fans were only holding off buying the first season because the second season which has all the answers as you said wasn't released. Had they released season two I would have definitely bought them both, but I do not plan to buy season one without season two being dubbed.

You should try Blue Gender, if your into sci-fi

description:Yuji Kaido was diagnosed with a serious disease and cryogenically frozen. He wakes up more than 20 years later--and Earth is nothing like what he remembers. A race of alien bugs called the Blue have taken over the planet, and a few select humans have retreated to the space station Second Earth. Yuji is taken back to Second Earth, where he learns that he and the other sleepers will be instrumental in defeating the Blue. And his relationship with one member of the recovery squad only serves to complicate things ---edit--- oops already recommended, oh well i guess the description is somewhat helpful

Thx a heap so far guys! Definitely going to try Trinity Blood (hate megaupload, but what can you do eh? lol), looks good :)

Any chance for some links on:

Blood+

Claymore

Blue Gender

Higurashi When They Cry &

Toward the Terra

Pls???? :) Personally I have no issue with subs, even enjoy them tbh. Those ones seem like great places to start!

Oh, thx for suggesting Cowboy Bebop. One of my best mates has all of it and keeps trying to convince me of the joys ... I watched enough to loose interest and started suggesting creative bodily insertions every time he offered there after lol :P