a bit like...

can someone recommended a good anime (eng dub) thats like death note, with twists and turns and stuff to make you think awwwww, clever little bastard, but not code geass cause am watching that at mo episode 6, and its a wee bit boring, but see how it goes. ta

i heard Monster is quite good, cant say for sure, so look it up see if you like it. Dont know whether its been dubbed either.

People compared Monster to Death Note all the time. However I watched Monster and thought it was utter crap and boring to boot. I sat through all the episodes though and in the end it left off pretty much how it began. Nothing ever happens really. It's just a slow drama/mystery series with very little of either. I wouldn't recommend Monster to anyone and I honestly do not see how so many people think it's the most similar Anime out there to Death Note.

Honestly the recommendations below are probably the closest you'll find to Death Note:

Code Geass - Yeah it's a bit different in theme and genre but the excitement and mystery of what happens next is really similar. Few keep you on your edge like Code Geass and Death Note accomplish. This seems to be a pretty common comparison - probably because Light and Lelouch are practically the same character. Both shows feature quite a bit more intellectual sparring than your typical shounen fare, and both main characters have very similar personalities (they're closer to being villains than heroes) and abilities (ridiculously powerful but with prominent weaknesses that require careful planning to circumvent).

Darker than Black - Both are about how the people who have powers use them in the right and clever way to outdo their opponent, and not that if one person has a slightly better power that he wins by default or something like that. They both have that detective vs. plotter, and also they both have that mid-episode cliffhanger where you really have no idea how they would solve or handle the solution, but then they come with the most awesome things that you really never would have thought of.

Spiral - These anime both has a similar supenseful approach in solving mysteries by out wittting their opponent. Both animes have their characters think of detailed and ingenius plans. Both keeps you guessing.

Eden of the East - Doing what's best for the world is the aim in both. In Death Note using a notebook to get rid of criminals, in Eden of the East a mobile phone that grants any wish for it's carrier. They also share a companion with each one (Shinigami in Death Note, and Juiz in Eden of the East).

Bakuman - Haven't seen this one myself but it shares the same authors as Death Note, and the one of main characters is similar to one main character of Death Note in terms of appearance, intelligence and determination. Death note is a thriller, Bakuman has a story closer to reality. *subtitled only*

Shion no Ou - The elements of mystery and suspense are all there. Though the plots are both very different, I think if you enjoy the type of anime Death Note is, then you'll definitely love Shion. *subtitled only*