Judas

Okay, so, people have been pretty pissed at Lady Gaga, saying that she is 'blasphemous' at the Christian religion for her music video for 'Judas'. I am just curious how you feel about the music video. Before you post, though, please understand that she has already stated that:

A.) She is a very spiritual and religious person.

B.) She in no way is blasphemous, she was just simply retelling the biblical story of Judas's betrayel in a more modern way.

C.)That their is also no homosexual references in the video, as some people claim. In the end, Judas kissed Jesus as a way of identifying him to the police, which is exactly what happened in the biblicle story.

In case you haven't seen the video, here it is.

Please state your opinion. I think that the entire video is art and I love her take on the bible.

(BTW, Lady Gaga is Mary Magdalene)

It's blatantly obvious how I feel about it, just from my sig and av. The song is amazing and the video really is a true work of art. It might offend some people, but hell, I'm fairly religious and I think it's wonderful, although I'll never ever be able to unsee the apostles as a motorcycle gang ever. It's spelled Magdalene by the way.

urgh...Lady Gaga...imo she fails at every form of entertainment...but still that video aint bad. It aint blasphemous, at least as far as i see. And kissing folks on the cheeks and such is a way to greet folks in catholic countries, i do it on occasion as well. Heck, they got the idea from the bloody bible.

It is just another excuse to try and limit peoples freedoms. Okay, I personally dont like gaga in the slightest, but she still has the right to express her self how she wants.

That wasn't a romantic kiss. Why do all kisses have to be romantic? Please explain :v

A kiss like that is more like a sign of respect' date=' and in a lot of places, kissing someone's cheek is a way of greeting.[/quote']

uhh,were you responding to me when you said that? cos I didn't mention anything about romance either, in fact I implied the latter

It's just the norm these days for christians to classify anything that scares them or makes them uncomfortable as demonic and the author of such an offense to be a devil worshiper and for pastors to capitalize on this in order to milk even more support out of their gullible following, just look at the Harry Potter books, or Jay Z's video "on to the next one" just about every devout catholic I've talked to classify these things as demonic and blasphemous, yet if you bring up the long bloody history of the Catholic church, or the more recent incident that everyone should know about they'll just brush it off as irrelevant. Nothing's wrong with this video in my opinion, not exactly my genre of music, though a lot Lady Gaga's video are all very interesting.