Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Kai

gosport09

Which is better: Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Kai?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better: Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Kai?

• Dragon Ball Z
    • Dragon Ball Kai

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already a thread or two about this. Anyhow Z is leagues better.

Kai is just a pretty much fight after fight with none of the story. Then they cut out a major arc (Buu) when it's sequel (GT) relies on that arc for many of it's new characters (Buu and Uub). The Buu saga also gives the long awaited rematch between Goku and Vegeta, gives us Goten, shows that Krillin and 18 got together, introduces Videl (which sets up for Pan in GT), and even displays Super Saiyan 3 for Goku along with the fusion dance for Gotenks (which also leads into Gogeta in GT).

Dragon Ball Kai is only good for nostalgic purposes, but it is, unfortunately, an unfinished series. Dragon Ball Z, while it did have a lot of filler, had more character development. I will always prefer DBZ, especially with the FUNimation audio because that's how I like it.

Totally watch DBZ, its the American version all the way.

DBZ-Kai is just the English voices added to a more detailed color frame of the original Japanese music and stuff.

That's not entirely accurate. Dragon Ball Z is not the "American version" as Dragon Ball Z has a few different versions. Dragon Ball Z with FUNimation's background music is the "American version," not Dragon Ball Z. As for Kai, it had a new, more accurate English Dub than Dragon Ball Z did. It also had new background music. Well, up until the BGM scandal was revealed. After that, I believe they went back to the original BGM.

neither. The problem is, I got tired of them really quick after watching like 15 episodes for one fight, and 8 of them were goku powering up getting his ass handed to him during the fight, then all of a sudden getting pissed off to the point he goes up another level, or everyone else willing their power to him so he can win the fight.