Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal

Magnarave

I'm waiting to watch it until I get around to finishing 5D's. I'm also hoping GX_ST will get their typesetter involved and release a fully made release for ZeXal instead of simply releasing a translated script for you to mux to an oversized raw. Seriously the 720p raws for this are like 720+ MB for each episode. <.< Encoder fail.

700 MB ... whoa.

Guess i'll be putting this on hold until then. I'm still not sure why they ended 5D's. It's air time is REALLY short compared to that of GX.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

700 MB ... whoa.

Guess i'll be putting this on hold until then. I'm still not sure why they ended 5D's. It's air time is REALLY short compared to that of GX.

Yu-Gi-Oh! had 26 episodes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM had 224 episodes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX had 180 episodes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's had 154 episodes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! had 26 episodes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! DM had 224 episodes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX had 180 episodes.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's had 154 episodes.

Hrmm, is it just me or is every YGO show a little bit shorter than the previous one?

Following that pattern, there's a chance that ZeXal will only be 135 episodes or so.

• 2 weeks later...

4Kids Files to Prevent Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Licensing

The North American media distributor 4Kids, which is filing for bankruptcy in the Southern District of New York, filed a motion on Friday requesting that the bankruptcy case's judge, Shelley C. Chapman, issue an order to stay (suspend) co-licensor Asatsu DK's (ADK's) attempts to exercise control over the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime franchise in the United States.

ADK's Nihon Ad Systems (NAS) and co-licensor TV Tokyo announced in March that they were terminating 4Kids' license due to the North American company's allegedly fraudulent underpayment of royalties. 4Kids also requested that the hearing for this motion be rushed, and Judge Chapman scheduled the hearing for May 25 rather than granting the standard 21 days. After TV Tokyo and NAS filed a motion for reconsideration, Judge Chapman rescheduled the hearing for May 31.

In its motion, 4Kids complained that ADK will promote Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, the fourth television anime in the franchise, at the Licensing International Expo in June, and declared that this would cause irreparable harm should TV Tokyo and NAS grant North American Yu-Gi-Oh! licenses previously held by them to new companies.

4Kids acknowledged that TV Tokyo and NAS' lawsuit is currently on hold due to its own bankruptcy filings, during which Judge Chapman filed a stay on the suit, but requested that TV Tokyo and NAS be prevented from "exercising control over 4Kids' rights under the Yu-Gi-Oh! license" — for example, by selling those rights to another company — pending a court decision as to whether the Japanese licensors' termination of their contract was valid. According to 4Kids, both they and the licensors have agreed to transfer their dispute from civil court to Judge Chapman's.

4Kids further argued against the validity of the licensors' termination, stating that it was "procedurally invalid" and declaring that the company is "likely to establish" that ADK and TV Tokyo's accusations are "without merit." 4Kids purported that ADK was aware of the company's deal to split revenue with North American anime distributor Funimation — which the licensors' lawsuit alleged was in fact an attempt by 4Kids to evade paying royalties to the Japanese companies. Additionally, it claimed that several of ADK and TV Tokyo's audit findings "arose more than six years ago" and have therefore passed beyond the statute of limitations.

I hope someone dubs this show, I am not interested in watching it subbed.

If you read the news I posted a couple posts up, 4kids is trying to prevent others from being able to license it. The problem with this? No ones going to want to try to license it if someone is fighting about it, and the Japanese company sure isn't going to let 4kids license it either, so unless 4kids stops fighting it, ZeXal will end up not ever getting dubbed.

If you read the news I posted a couple posts up, 4kids is trying to prevent others from being able to license it. The problem with this? No ones going to want to try to license it if someone is fighting about it, and the Japanese company sure isn't going to let 4kids license it either, so unless 4kids stops fighting it, ZeXal will end up not ever getting dubbed.

4Kids could dub the show themselves, couldn't they?

or maybe they'll all die in a firebath of fury.

4Kids could dub the show themselves, couldn't they?

or maybe they'll all die in a firebath of fury.

Did you miss reading my post? I already said

and the Japanese company sure isn't going to let 4kids license it either, so unless 4kids stops fighting it, ZeXal will end up not ever getting dubbed.

4kids YGO license does not include ZeXal, which is the whole reason they are fighting about preventing the licensing from going elsewhere. 4kids is pretty much saying 'if we can't have it no one can' and after they stole millions from the Japanese company and now rather than own up to it they are fighting it and denying it.. that company would sooner see hell freeze than give 4kids any more licenses or rights.