Dead Space 2

Chronos 117

I've only played the demo, and that impressed me enough that I might pick it up. The graphics are impressive, the story seemed intriguing, and the controls worked out nicely. I havent played enough to comment much on the scare factor but in a dark room with the volume up I'm sure the scare meter would go up tenfold haha

I've borrowed the first disc to Dead Space 2. Being a veteran player of the original Dead Space, the game is definitely nerve racking but nothing extremely scary to me; but it is definitely not a game for the faint of heart imho.

Of course I'd definitely say a lot of the content so far has caught me off guard and made me jump (like Necromorphs suddenly dropping in behind you as you make your way through a long hall way) but in no way has it scared the living hell out of me.

Great game so far, I just need to go borrow disc two from my friend once he's done with it :D

-----------

Edit: So I'm playing disc two, OMFG it is ridiculously THAT much harder. I thought the first disc was a tad bit hard - the later chapters are pushing hard to extreme. The Pukers are extremely annoying; Stasis should be used seldomly and Stalker Rooms are definitely hell.

<< Gonna like, Bump this thread << Because I really want to encourage DS2 talk.

Pretty Big Spoilers

Especially in chapter 10-11? You go back inside the Ishimura... it's pretty fawked up. Especially when you get to the section where there's like blue substances all over the walls - I think it replaces the blood from the first game, and than it doesn't help cause Issac suffers from his dementia - he sees crap that attacked him in the first game like the tentacles that would drag him across the floor as he frantically aimed at the bright yellow/orange bulbs on the arms.

Overall the game isn't scary to me, it just causes me to jump so much or immediately get paranoid. (Especially if you backtrack through areas...)

Freaking awesome! Everything a sequel should be. Better graphics, more variety in environments/enemies.

I found Dead Space 2 to be a bit harder than the first game(played on normal). Maybe it's the way this game just throws so many enemies a you. Just when I think I'm safe after clearing a room of monsters, four more pop up. also

Playing the second game has been a blast. I loved the first but there is no doubt that the second one tops it with ease. There are a few flaws in the PC version, but it's nothing that can't be worked around. I rate the fright-factor at -10 however. It's not at all scary, not that I really expected it to be anyways.

Yeah Chaos, I wasn't really expecting the game to be scary; especially since most of us have probably (I would assume) played the first Dead Space or maybe spin off titles/sequals and seen the "scary" concept already. The difficulty however, much harder than the original; I can honestly say I died a few times from necromorph executions on my normal run just because I had been running around with minimal health.

So far I'm playing the first one and loving it, it's a blast playing this game in total darkness late at night lol, not being able to see the keyboard adds to the suspense haha, If you guys are saying the second one is better than this, then I can't wait to get it, the only other time I've enjoyed a horror game as much as this is when I played RE4.