I'd like a decent comedy

SoheNExus

I've been watching mostly pretty serius anime recently and liked to change the pace at bit. Now, I warn, I have a partiiuclar sence of humor. In other words, I hate slapstick. The jokees in Hamlet are the best way to describe my sence of humor. Such as

-Polonius : Do you know who I am?

-Hamlet : Yes, you are a fish monger.

Now, to get this joke you need to know, one) Polonius is trying to get his daughter Ophilia to marry Hamlet (for politcal status) two)Hamlet does cae for Ophilia (Polonius doesn't belive this is true) and three) Fish monger is slang for a pimp. Now, what I find funny is not that Polonius is being called a pimp but it totally flies over his head and Hamlet knows this.

Great Teacher Onizuka captured my humor quite well. I found the "monkey suit" (please don't post you just got that joke) particulary amusing. I am also found of sarcasm and am quite cynical. I don't really have any prefrences to the subject matter or genre outside of comedy.I would just like something to keep intersested and give me a good laugh. Thank-you in advance.

Alright, amybe some examples of Anime I found funny will help

Great Teacher Onizuka

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

(The irony) Excel Saga (special Case, it was a parody, the parody was funny, the slapstick not so much)

My favrite joke in an anime is (most disturbinly) Lucy's "not fair" tatic in Elfen Lied(pointing the gun at Bando just after he figures out she can olny use her vectors at 3 feet) (that's for me is a joke in itself, the horror anime has the best joke.)

Golden Boy is the funniest anime ever made, their is nothing funnier than that. Guranteed

I can see how this would be funny for some peoplebut not me. I didn't get much more then a cheap chuckle out of most of the jokes and the funnier parts for me, might not even been intended as jokes. Such as the second girl (I don't remember their names) saying that all men think about is sex but she had only thought about sex in her monoluoges upto that point. So ironiclly she herself was guilty of her own accusations. Also, over half the girls were just walking, talking fan services, not complaining but just saying (is that first girls outfit (the red one) even legal.)