Justice

Askio

Justice. Many people have different views on what this really is. I want to know what all of you think of this, and what your concept of justice is.

My own views are a bit radical I'm told, but here they are for all of you.

I do not believe justice exists. I don't think it ever did, and it never will. At least not for human beings. Each person has a flaw in their character, no matter how small. And there are as many ideas of justice as there are people. So I think it is impossible for justice to actually exist. I think it is simply a means for people so express right and wrong, and also a way for certain people to push their ideas on others. It is really just a covered up way to force morals and ideology on others, trying to force them to follow it. Justice is a nice concept, but impossible for humanity to ever achieve. If we ever did achieve justice, it means that we have evolved into something other than human.

Well there are my views, what are all of yours? Dont be afraid to say. I respect all other views on all things, including this, even if I dont agree. So by all means, let it out.

Sadly enough, I would say that there is only one justice on earth.

Or even better, in this universe.

And it is truly the only way to end anything (as far as I am concerned), and that is death.

In my view its the ultimate justice. NOW don't get me wrong. I'm not saying go around and kill people in the name "GREAT JUSTICE!". I'm saying that justice cannot be reached through any means that we can do.

The trouble with justice is that it requires us to judge and judgements can vary from person to person. What's true for one person may not be true for another and true motives can only ever been known to one person. Justice is a grey, cloudy issue; the law is the arbitrary line in the sand. We may be settling for half, we may make mistakes, but it's the closest we can get to regulating justice.

• 4 years later...

Justice is a fancy word for revenge, instead of one person getting it; many people share in the decision to be more humanly about it, which in retrospect is insane to think of.

like one case, a man breaks an entry and falls on to a kitchen knife, this man sues the owners and wins. WTF KINDA JUSTICE IS THAT!?

but stuff like that happens and its BS.