Request

Guest Destiny Angel

Guest Destiny Angel

Can the avatar limit go higher, please? I tend to make 140x200 avatars since it gives me more space to throw in more stuff on the work. So like Koby =D please?

Ta

Oh, no the chainsaw.. xD

Erm, I could I guess, but I don't really like huge avatars, and well 100x100 is the normal size for Icons/Avatars. =P We don't want them so big it stretches or breaks the tables, and some people like me are on the slowest internet connection ever, and don't want to have to spend another 30 seconds loading a huge avatar. Haha.

I'll look into though and see about increasing it some. ^_^

Wikipedia: "The traditional avatar system used on most Internet forums is a small (96x96 to 100x100 pixels, for example) square-shaped area close to the user's forum post, where the avatar is placed."

100x100 is the main size for an avatar. You can't change it. Other people may ask as well to increase the avatar size more than you asked, but that's impossible since there would be no need for a limit if the limit keeps changing.

It says "For example." Wikipedia never said 100x100 is the base avy size for forums.

Instant messengers only show your avi as 100x100 even if you load a bigger one, and 99% of the forums I know of only allow 100x100. =P And until now I never known a single graphic artist that makes them any size other then that.. but like I said, I will look into changing it when I get the chance. But I don't want them to be big enough to break the forum tables or stretch it.

Guest Destiny Angel
Instant messengers only show your avi as 100x100 even if you load a bigger one, and 99% of the forums I know of only allow 100x100. =P And until now I never known a single graphic artist that makes them any size other then that.. but like I said, I will look into changing it when I get the chance. But I don't want them to be big enough to break the forum tables or stretch it.
Hmm, there's quite a few larger avatars out there, of course i only have ones i have of mine at the moment. But thanks for the resize, it's just that there's more freedom to make the avatar lot better with some larger than 100x100.

Fear the none 100x100 avatars. And no I'm not posting them to 'show it off', I'm posting it to just let you see how much more flexible you can do with the avatars.

Clicketh - Clicketh 2 - Clicketh 3 - Clicketh 4 - Clicketh 5 - Clicketh 6