Those Moments

Riku-kun

Something happened to me last week, and I wanna share it with y'all, because yes, I am proud of what I'm about to tell you all, even if it IS sort of cheesy and faggy.

My best friend's cousin, my platonic lover, came to my hometown for vacation for two weeks. I know her about the same time I know my best friend, that'd be around 6 years, give or take.

It happened last year.

She wanted to go out with me, only, that night. Since I'm not veyr fond of trance/disco music, bars were kind of a bad choice, but what else could I do? I invited some of my friend regardless and one of them took us all to a nice bar with...well, some listenable music, I guess.

The dude took a huge book to our table. We opened it up. It was a list of music for the night's Karaoke session. Now, unlike the stereotype of Karaoke nights being filled with drunkards singing it off, most people there were young, and they were all pretty sober, or so it seemed. The session started, and one by one, they went to sing. Some go cheered on, some got a bit ignored, some didn't care.

The girl in question told me that she was gonna make me go out there and sing with her. I refused, obviously, but after a very convincing argument, I accepted. She chose the music.

Our name was called out, but as the man says the name of the music we were gonna sing, I entered Panic Mode.

It was Breaking Free from the very faggy movie High School Musical.

So we got up there. Me and her used to sing it along for fun when we were together, the two weeks before. So many times that I memorised the lyric. As I started, people were still ignoring. I expected such a reaction, and started to get nervous. Then she started singing. Her singing called out everyone's attention. Sudenly, the bar went silent, they all stopped drinking and looked at us both. We started singing as the music goes, seen as itself is a duet. People actually shut the f*ck up and listened to it. After a while, people started clapping along to the tune. Me and her just kept singing. The nervousism dissapeared, I completely forgot the whole frickin bar was starin at us, felt like it was just me, the girl, and the music we were singing. As it ended, all we could really do was look at eachother. I know it sounds gay (but like I give a fuck), but I think that was what people reffer to as "magical". When we stepped out of the page, people were still silent, then out of the blue, started clapping and cheering for us like we were the Elvis fucking Presley.

Basically, those were the best 3 and a half minutes of my life. I doubt I'll ever forget that. Even so, I still think it's a bit cheesy that in those 3 and a half minutes, my life turned into frickin High School Musical.

So even though I don't like the type of song, or the movie itself, it kinda feels special now.

Have you ever had one of those moments like this one? Share'em. C'mon, you know you wanna. I'll give you cookies!

• 2 weeks later...