Help, I might have a virus

blackblades

4 hours ago, blackblades said:

Yeah I know but from what I read, malwarebytes themselves came out and said theyre having issues.

Anyways any free protection tips on keeping safe program wise.

Be careful what you download and the sites you visit. If your AV has some kind of extension that scans web searches, you best make good use of it. A poor decision on a web search choice is a quick way at getting malware.
I use Avira, with the extension, and I'm smart with my web searches. I periodically run MalwareBytes and it always comes up clean. Safe searching is really the best protection.

And emails, I suppose. I don't email much so, that's never an issue for me but, if you don't trust the email, don't open it.

7 hours ago, blackblades said:

Yeah I know but from what I read on the forums there alot of people havibg the same issues and even malwarebytes themselves came out and said theyre having issues. Any good site blocker etc.. that's free to help protect on firefox.

You mean adblocker?? That's where most malware comes from after leading you down a rabbit hole. uBlock Origin / adblock plus would be a suggestion. There is also Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-exploit/

Re: Malwarebytes, 1) link for said issues? 2) You said you left it to run for 2 hours? - not knowing what your current setup is, the only thing I can assume is that your specific computer will take longer to run the scan. Leave it for +-24 hours and see what happens. Alternatively try the previous of malwarebytes. 

6 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

You mean adblocker?? That's where most malware comes from after leading you down a rabbit hole. uBlock Origin / adblock plus would be a suggestion. There is also Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-exploit/

Re: Malwarebytes, 1) link for said issues? 2) You said you left it to run for 2 hours? - not knowing what your current setup is, the only thing I can assume is that your specific computer will take longer to run the scan. Leave it for +-24 hours and see what happens. Alternatively try the previous of malwarebytes. 

uBlock Origin is preferred since Adblock Plus sold out and is allowing some ads that pay them to unblock them. That could just be legit ads being unblocked but, that makes me worry just how much they unblock for a few bucks each.

10 hours ago, Moodkiller said:

Left it on longer last night 6 hours, still nothing. Like I said, on there forums they themselves said they having issues with version 3 scanner and many people including me having issues with the scan. It's not my computer it's there scan.

Edited by blackblades

Ok I'll try uBlock orgins combine with avira. Also I did a chkdsk and fixed errors on hdd but didn't do all of it, it should be fine I guess. The guy on bleepcomputer said temporary disable norton and download zoek. Instead of disabling norton 1st I downloaded zoek and norton said it's not safe and when I looked at it it said Trojan gen 2 and removed it. Is that suspicious to ya should I keep following his directions. It suppose to be one last thing to clean up and to try malwarebytes afterwards from what he said.

Edited by blackblades

57 minutes ago, blackblades said:

Ok I'll try uBlock orgins combine with avira. Also I did a chkdsk and fixed errors on hdd but didn't do all of it, it should be fine I guess. The guy on bleepcomputer said temporary disable norton and download zoek. Instead of disabling norton 1st I downloaded zoek and norton said it's not safe and when I looked at it it said Trojan gen 2 and removed it. Is that suspicious to ya should I keep following his directions. It suppose to be one last thing to clean up and to try malwarebytes afterwards from what he said.

I'm guessing your MikeKing on Bleeping. You're talking to one of their team members. Pretty sure they are a trusted source for helping you clean your PC.

30 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

I'm guessing your MikeKing on Bleeping. You're talking to one of their team members. Pretty sure they are a trusted source for helping you clean your PC.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure theyre there to help but disabling the anti virus then downloading a program that has a Trojan isn't going to make anything better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackblades said:

Left it on longer last night 6 hours, still nothing. Like I said, on there forums they themselves said they having issues with version 3 scanner and many people including me having issues with the scan. It's not my computer it's there scan.

Did you try a previous version then? Sadly I can't find it on malwarebytes' website...

1 hour ago, blackblades said:

chkdsk is just for hard drive issues. Won't fix virus/malware issues. I've never heard of zoek before...

57 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

Did you try a previous version then? Sadly I can't find it on malwarebytes' website...

https://mega.nz/#!cwxShJRZ!wn0fZDwv5d96GCdHB7H91uw6DGUfQ-vmNy_E_oKXmC8

1 hour ago, Moodkiller said:

chkdsk is just for hard drive issues. Won't fix virus/malware issues. I've never heard of zoek before...

Multiple searches are mixed. Some say it's a new malware removal tool made by an admin at hijackthis. Others, like PandaSecurity, claim it's a trojan.

On 1/2/2017 at 6:36 PM, blackblades said:

So I ran a norton scan, and while scanning I noticed it said backdoor.rustock and info steal. It had no folder details and norton didn't detected. I also went to registry and other places where it might be but didn't find anything. So do I have virus or what.

I love Dragon

59 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

https://mega.nz/#!cwxShJRZ!wn0fZDwv5d96GCdHB7H91uw6DGUfQ-vmNy_E_oKXmC8

Multiple searches are mixed. Some say it's a new malware removal tool made by an admin at hijackthis. Others, like PandaSecurity, claim it's a trojan.

From what he posted, i'll be able to to empty/delete temps, cache etc... its like a cleaning program or something It might help with malwarebytes scan as well. Like I said norton says it's a trojan so I don't know if I should do what he says or not on that part.

44 minutes ago, blackblades said:

From what he posted, i'll be able to to empty/delete temps, cache etc... its like a cleaning program or something It might help with malwarebytes scan as well. Like I said norton says it's a trojan so I don't know if I should do what he says or not on that part.

Might as well use CCleaner then.

2 hours ago, NeutralHatred said:

...Yes.. yes, it is. I have it on my Windows 10 laptop...

OK on bleep it said there's no windows 10 version. I'll try it then after all this crap ends for me. Probably don't need it now, I had deleted the temps with zoek and now malwarebytes finally got free from being stuck on certain files but let see if the analys part finishes been on that for awhile.

Update 

Nope, it got stuck on the analys and got stuck on a file in safe mode.

Edited by blackblades

Everything seems ok I guess, nasdaq thinks everything is good as well I think. Still seems kinda slow when logging in but been like that for years. Still can't use malwarebytes to get rid of the pup stuff but they're not that bad. Anyways once again thanks you guys for the help and advice. The ublock orgins works wonders Moodkiller thanks.

• Like 1

Ok instead of making another topic I'll do it here. I was wondering if anyone uses a video download extension. The one that I was using on firefox called flash video downloader is great but found out doing my situation as you know deletes it. System lockup warns that it has adware or pup. So I was wondering if anyone else uses something similar without threats like that, that I can use.

5 minutes ago, blackblades said:

Ok instead of making another topic I'll do it here. I was wondering if anyone uses a video download extension. The one that I was using on firefox called flash video downloader is great but found out doing my situation as you know deletes it. System lockup warns that it has adware or pup. So I was wondering if anyone else uses something similar without threats like that, that I can use.

if you want to download files from links I recommend using jdownloader2 its a program as opposed to an extension but it works like a charm for me and I know lots of others here use it to grab links of all kinds.

22 minutes ago, Moby JJ said:

if you want to download files from links I recommend using jdownloader2 its a program as opposed to an extension but it works like a charm for me and I know lots of others here use it to grab links of all kinds.

JDownloader I think I have that, isn't that the app that download multiple items at once while being organized. Lol seen on my computer but couldn't remember nothing about. Anyways so that downloads any video through the link that the site gives. I was looking for something that let's you download the video when the video shows up on the screen. I might have to deal with the adware or pup if I can't find something more legit.