Can I stop a user from "following" me?

Meowth

If a user is following you, they should get notifications when you do something if they have their profile set to do so. You should only be getting notifications about people you follow; not people who follow you.

I don't believe we as admins have the ability out of the box to remove followers.

Think of following someone simply as a way to easily keep up with specific users. It's very much like Twitter in this regard. If you're getting notifications then maybe you're following him too. Either way you can always edit your notification settings here: http://kametsu.com/index.php?/notifications/options/ so that you don't get notifications from people you're following, etc...

• Like 1

Just now, Koby said:

If a user is following you, they should get notifications when you do something if they have their profile set to do so. You should only be getting notifications about people you follow; not people who follow you.

I don't believe we as admins have the ability out of the box to remove followers.

Think of following someone simply as a way to easily keep up with specific users. If you're getting notifications then maybe you're following him too. Either way you can always edit your notification settings here: http://kametsu.com/index.php?/notifications/options/ so that you don't get notifications from people you're following, etc...

This user is using Skype to harass me with this stupid feature. Can this follow feature be nuked? I don't particularly want people following my activity anyway. It should operate like friend requests and require my approval.

This is upsetting me too much.

4 minutes ago, Meowth said:

This user is using Skype to harass me with this stupid feature. Can this follow feature be nuked? I don't particularly want people following my activity anyway. It should operate like friend requests and require my approval.

This is upsetting me too much.

Can you please explain how Skype is being used in this regard?

Anyhow on your profile, on the top right of your followers box is an options link. Click it and select 'Don't allow others to follow me' if you wish to disable the ability altogether.

There is no way to require approval because it's not a friends list, it's a followers list and it operates as intended. So you can either let users follow you without any approval process or you can disable the feature entirely.

• Like 2