Our 1st Custom Theme titled 'Asphyxia'

Koby

Just now, Koby said:

Thanks. There is still a bit of ironing out I'd like to get done, but once I get that done I'll be able to more efficiently do the theme work for future themes. I also have some html template changes I'd like to implement to further customize things, but apparently the way IPS updates work, they'll break/overwrite custom html templates which is pretty dumb. When we used vB back on like 3.7.x; they had it where updates would show theme change differences and allow it to try to merge template changes or to manually apply them where needed so themes were easily upgraded in any updates. Shame that IPS still hasn't been able to do something vB had like 8 years ago.

We've been holding tight. Honestly, I think IPB for sites like yours and mine are no longer their focus. It's been hinted at by them they are going the way of SAS(Software as a Service) which is not good for consumers like us but great for enterprises and what not.
IPB3 generation was phenomenal but IPB4 Generation seems a bit messy.

I put in work with IPB for the last 7 momths and while IPB4 was good, I begin to realize....we're paying for something and it is obvious they aren't putting the best product out(4.1 is what 4 should have been and  4.1 still isn't even as good as it should be).

I still have my 4.x license but in the past week we've switched to Xenforo as a trial run to see how the community likes it. But things like editing themes are so simple.......IPS makes things so freaking complicated. I could never do what you did because I am not a designer guy.

However, I learned fast within 20 mins was able to heavily customize themes and make them more unique with Xenforo.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working on an update for the Asphyxia theme. I've added styling to the submenus and mod cp which hadn't been styled yet, added borders to stuff that was missing them, added background gradients to forum rows, brightened them up slightly, adjusted other various things, and created a maintitle row image to spruce it up a bit.

Preview: 7d20d32ff3.jpg

• Like 2

• Nekone locked this topic