Adult Swim: Michiko to Hatchin, Akame ga Kill debut this summer

Tsu.Ku.Yo.Mi

2 anime shows to premiere on August 8 & June 20

A15919-1319288610.1403684567.jpgThe staff of Adult Swim's Toonami block announced during their MomoCon panel on Saturday that the block will run the Akame ga KILL! and Michiko & Hatchin television anime. Akame ga KILL! will premiere on August 8, while Michiko & Hatchin will premiere on June 20.

Akame ga KILL! will be Sentai Filmworks' first show to premiere on the current Toonami block. The anime adapts the manga series written by Takahiro with art by Tetsuya Tashiro. The dark action fantasy manga follows the title character Akame, a girl who was bought and raised by the Empire as an assassin. After meeting Akame, a boy named Tatsumi vows to stand up to the evil of the corrupt Empire with the secret assassin group Night Raid and special weapons known as Teigu.

The anime premiered last July, and Sentai Filmworks licensed the series in North America. Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired in Japan.

A9602-3.jpgThe 22-episode Michiko & Hatchin television anime series premiered in Japan in October 2008. Manglobe (Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy) produced the series, which marked the directorial debut of Sayo Yamamoto (Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine). The series tells the story of sexy criminal Michiko and abused runaway Hana "Hatchin" Morenos. The two team up to cross the lawless frontier, searching for a man from their pasts while eluding the police and Hatchin's foster parents.

Funimation released the series in two DVD and Blu-ray Disc sets on September 17.

via ANN

What. The. Fuck.

Michiko & Hatchin has already been released a few years ago on dvd so IDK who'd be much interested in the TV airing.

As for Akame ga Kill, it started off freaking awesome as hell, but from like episode 17+ it was just an anime-original train wreck. Ended up being just barely decent for recommendation because of that fiasco.

Mitchiko to Hatchin was dir. by Sayo Yamamoto. Watanabe was the Music Producer

Hopefully the Toonami airing will make it more popular (right now it isn't, it's a S.A.V.E. title). This happened to Deadman, where it had a following, but not hugely popular, and suddenly Toonami opened it up to a lot of new viewers and fans.

Also. Most Toonami shows air AFTER the DVD release. Before or after--people see the show, and maybe they buy it if they like it.

Edited by Badman

The Music is on the level of Cowboy Bebop and Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. (As well as Lupin III TV 1).

I'm not saying it's the best anime, or the best dub (since i haven't finished it myself), but its definitely worth a watch. The South American setting is also very unique in the anime world.

After Fujiko and Hatchin it's fair to say that Sayo Yamamoto and Watanabe will be collaborating more in the future, like others in Watanabe's "squad" (e.g. Dai Sato, Yoko Kanno, etc.)

Check the opening sequence

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQf-NkWz7Yo

That doesn't really help me though.

So... is Michiko to Hatchin an original or do I have to read some sort of manga to get the rest of the story once it finishes airing?

Let me say this first, I have not seen it dubbed, so I can't comment on if the dub did a good job translating or not.

I watched the subbed, it was pretty good, it had interesting stories and characters, the art was good too, they really did do a great job with making the setting where the story takes place look like brazil.

It had a cowboy bebop anime feel to it.

Its worth at least giving it a try.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

I already added it to my list. I watch dubs only though for the most part.

I'll watch episode 1 when it airs.

We'll see.

Why not download the dvd/Blu-ray? The English dub was released a couple years ago.

No reason to with a TV airing starting.

Besides, I'm too picky with downloads according to you.