Religion

-PHXN- New001

Are you an Atheist?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an Atheist?

• I'm an Atheist.
    • No, I believe in God.

Well thats a common mis-conception. The ten commandments are not Christian at all.

They are take from the Egyptian Book of the Dead (if you don't believe me, look it up).

They are good guidelines, but mean nothing to me.

Its a good concept of an ideal society, but it really puts constraints on happiness of people.

Thats one of my main concerns. That religion really limits your happiness.

Besides the fact that human beings are probably best defined as an emotional disaster.

I'd say anything that dictates how you should live your life is constraining.

People like John Locke had the same views.

Naturally people are good. Its society and environment that forms evil.

And though this is completely unrealistic, if everyone lived and was happy, that would perpetuate and the future would be a brighter one.

Thats an issue in itself. Human being are the only animal on earth who cannot just "be happy". They need some reason to "become happy".

And than there are people who are just too lazy to make themselves happy.

Thats why I'd say that we are an emotional disaster.

Which is also why I'd say the last thing that is needed is guidelines that limit the extent of our (non-existent) happiness.

And they hold a way too high value in society.

So the thing thats more interesting is your personal beliefs, not your the name of your religion :P

For one, I believe I know exactly how I'm gonna die, and exactly what it will be like. Now even if it doesnt go down that way, it has essentially eliminated fear from my life. And not even joking it has changed my life.

Like even in just little things like my soccer game. Its improved, so much. I'm not afraid to slide tackle, or play aggressive.

Its more of a belief system as I've said before. I have alot more views, which I might talk about.

Family runs through the background of Buddhisms, yet I don't really become under their influence. I somewhat believe in reincarnation and karma, but in a more realistic way. Not following a god or idol either, just living life and enjoying whatever it throws at me. Other religion and such I have nothing against but that's freedom you know? You chose whatever you believe in, but I personally think we were made by accent (like the scientists' theory of evolution.) Divine Power or evolution your call lol.

An open mind, is a good one.

I'm actually quite certain in how I will die. And it's not even that obscene.

But like I said, its not about if I actually die that way. Its about know how I might die gives me the ability to live life without fear.

I am extremely intrigued by Karma. Also anything involving Chi.

I think that ties into The Law Of Attraction (Watch/Read The Secret). If you can visualize it, you can obtain it.

• 1 month later...

I'm a Catholic Christian. Why? My family is Catholic. I go to a Catholic school. I learn about God every day.

If I wanted to choose to become an atheist I would have by now. But I haven't, because I believe in God, in Heaven and Hell, and that Jesus died on the cross to save us.

Could I be wrong? Yes. I haven't seen God or Jesus with my own eyes, so how do I know? This runs through every religious person's mind. It goes through mine every single day. Why do I keep believing? Because I have faith.

[/end stupid post by me -_-]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe in the Celtic and Norse Deities but I add in my own twists and turns to it. I believe that people are reincarnated forever but when they die they can have as much time as they want to take care of their after life business and such. The soul is immortal and the body is simply the container for the soul and when someone dies, the body should be given back to nature for providing the soul with a vessel to use to live a life. When I die I'll make sure to first tell someone that I want my body to be dumped in an ocean or something lol. Something weird is that both my dad and my brother are very religious christians but they don't care that I'm not. My mom's just whatever but more inclined to christianity. She doesn't really care either.

Ahh now thats what I like to hear.

I'm not all that savvy on Celtic religions, besides what he had be taught in English.

I have a main concept of them, meaning like they are the god of ___. I also know like which days where named after which god, but thats just about it.

If you get some time, wanna go a little bit more into depth in your beliefs?

• 1 month later...

The people who worshiped the Celtic deities for thousands of years had philosophers and authority figures called Druids who believed in living in harmony with nature, shamanistic magic, and they also valued honesty. They also worked with cosmic beleifs like traveling to different realms through dreams. I'm not all that familiar with what the ancient Norse people practiced in thier religion but I just worship their dieties and their belief in afterlife is similar to the Greeks except if you died willingly or couragously you could live a glorious afterlife, otherwise you would be in a sort of underworld. Though I believe what I was saying about reincarnation. And the Celts beleived in sacrificing animals and humans alike as either an offering or an apology to a deitie(s). The Celts held Druids in such high regard that if two warring Celtic tribes were about to fight and a Druid stepped between them, they had to immediately stop and hear him/her out.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly think Religion is dumb. I'm not saying ALL religions are dumb (cause I don't even know how some of them work, but Christian is by far the dumbest).

Can you prove God exists? No, you can't.

Like honestly, people have been looking for the Garden of Eden forever, and they haven't found it. So obviously it never existed.

And the events in the Bible that explain Jesus were recorded about 1000 years after they happened. How retarded is that?

I could honestly rant about this for a whole day but I won't.

• 1 month later...

Hell, I do not even need to type out my opinion after I post these videos, that are very informational, well-made, and they are not like most things, they are not meant to be insulting, but, just for the record, I will state my opinion...

Religion is shit, religions are just as fake as any fairy tale, and were originally created because people did not understand things, and needed them explained, but now we dont, so they are useless, and utter trash that pollutes our minds, causing death, war, and hatred.

Please watch these, they are only about 8-10 minutes long each, please, we need to cure this planet of things like religion...

"How Do We Know Christians Are Delusional?"

"The Best Optical Illusion In the World."