A question about Video Quality...?

Malarose

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place ^^;

Well, the thing is, I wanted to download the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episodes ... However, I’m confused … call me stupid, but which is better quality? 720p or 480p

I thought it was 720p, but that says “R2 TV Rip” whereas the 480p says “R2 Blu-ray Rip”…Which is better? :S

Also, which is dual audio?

Thanks guys!

Well Blu-ray or DVD will always be clearer both in detail and in color compared to TV rips. Though it can also depend on the encoders abilities and everything as well. So I really can't say this is better than that by looking at simple stats. I'd have to download the same episode from both and actually compare to the two side by side to make a call on quality.

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place ^^;

Well, the thing is, I wanted to download the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood episodes ... However, I’m confused … call me stupid, but which is better quality? 720p or 480p

I thought it was 720p, but that says “R2 TV Rip” whereas the 480p says “R2 Blu-ray Rip”…Which is better? :S

Also, which is dual audio?

Thanks guys!

Simply put 720p is better than 480p, but you said it's a tv rip... so unless I saw the video itself I personally don't know the quality of it.

As for which one is dual audio... I don't know the answer to that from the information that you have provided. If these are on the forum please post the links to the specific ones you are referring to.

Here's a link to the anime download index... scroll down to the F's ^_^ there should be more than enough FMA:B posted for you to test out.

http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=1539

Ah that needs to be fixed.

The original 720p was dub over raw using Adult Swim's audio along with the Japanese Blu-ray to come out with dual-audio with highest possible quality.

However the US release has came out and the links you see there for the 720p are from them. So it's the American 720p Blu-ray rip. So yeah it's the best you'll find on the internet.