Bittorent help

RikuoAmero

Hey guys, a bit of help need with Bittorent.

I'm using Bittorent 7.1...to share linux...yeah lets go with that...anyway while I have it open, my browsing speed slows immensly. I can understand a slower speed in princible, I'm downloading and uploading anyway, but often the web pages will fail to completely load, often showing a white screen and text, and no graphics. Plus, I don't even download at a high speed. As of the time of writing, I'm going between 5 and 8kbps download and 8-13kbps upload. Versus if I'm downloading from say Megaupload, I get a full 2 Megabit speed (~200kbps). And if I'm downing from Megaupload, my net browsing doesn't turn to shit.

So...anyone know of how I can fix this little problem?

I use utorrent and often my browser fails to load pages as well when utorrent is running. I heard you can lower the bandwidth usage of utorrent and lower max connection ports or whatever which will fix that but slow down your torrents, however it didn't seem to help for me so I just download via torrents when I don't need to browse the internet.

I use wi-fi but my PC is connected through the ethernet cord to it. While I can't browse the net, the others in the house have no problems.

Bittorrent is also a pretty big program, and it does hog up the internet alot it seems. I'm sure there must be options to lower speed it's working at, but that's a pretty low speed (i think, mine never gets past 5kbs during the day, and 100kbs at night)

I think maybe your best option would be to try downloading only during off-hours, when you're gone or asleep.