Areview thread moved to the non-review forum

Hicks

Link

I asked a mod about where to post this first, and was directed toward the Recommendations and Review sub-forum of the Entertainment forum. Which ort of mae sense, though my first guess would have been the Anime and Manga forum. I see that it was moved, but into the Recommendations sub-forum, which specifially states that it isn't for any actual reviews. So I'm a bit confused. :confuse:

It's weird, but we don't/didn't exactly have a place specifically for Anime Reviews. It could honestly fit in all three places (with the exception of the description saying it's not reviews, lol). The Recommendation & Reviews is a board for all things not Anime since Anime has it's own sub-forum.

I think this has proven that something needs to be changed. I'll rename the Anime Recommendation board to Anime Recommendations & Reviews. Or perhaps merge the Entertainment one with the Anime one and move it outside of either of those forums giving Recommendations & Reviews it's own main forum within the Media Central category. Doing that I could also go further and add [Anime], [Game], [book], , [Music], etc.. prefixes so people could use it to keep the threads organized with what type of reviews they are without the need of making subforums under each category to have them.

Any opinions or ideas on the matter?

Do the really need sub-forums specifically for reviews? :shrug: I guess of the things you listed, just making the Anime Recommendation sub-forum into Anime Recommendations & Reviews would probably be in keeping more with giving anime its own separate place.

• 2 months later...

Well I went ahead with my idea from before. Merging the two together and moving it to the front page so it's no longer a sub-forum of either. Doing so I also added selectable prefixes one can choose from when creating a new topic.

• [Anime]
  • [books]
  • [Games]
  • [Manga]
  • [Movies]
  • [Music]
  • [TV Shows]

These will help signify what someone is asking for recommendations of to help keep it a little more organized. I guess they could be used to sort the reviews as well if the thread starter wanted.