What I think

I wanted to give my suggestions...........

I think there should be only one thread for a particular anime or anything and if someone want to post their uploaded links for that anime they can do it in that thread itself and the uploader can put his links too with his links, in that way download secton will be less messy, cause I have seen two or three bleach subbed threads in the anime download index which is quite annoying and if someone wants to post in different codes(like avi,mkv,etc) or in 480p or 720p can also post it in that thread and the uploader can update his title like this

Naruto Shippuden Episodes 1-177(70mb|480p|720p)

or

Naruto Shippuden Episodes 1-177(Multi-format with different file size from 70MB to 256MB)

or just write like this with episode title:-

Naruto Shippuden 137|480p|720p

and on the top of the thread he can write the names and the episodes and format that someone has given.....Like:-

Supported by or credits to:-

XYZ for 30-45 episodes in 70MB in rm

ABC for 1-145 episodes in 480p(140-160MB) in mkv

I too first thought of starting my own thread for uploading naruto shippuden episode in 480p, but then i thought instead of that to help other uploader by posting my links with their permission in their thread, like that my links will also be uploaded and there will be a one thread less+mess will also be less in the download section, now i am uploading my links in:-

Naruto Shippuden Episodes 1-175 & Movies 1-2 (70 MB Sub) thread made by spidey5443

There should be instructions in the download section as, "before posting any new anime or any episode of any particular anime first see that, that particular anime is in the list or not then only post that anime or post you links in the existing anime thread".....

Hope you guys like my suggestion............:D

and one more thing if someone could post happy birthday with some nice cake pics in the visitor's message in the person who is having birthday it would be awesome too cause just posting in "Happy Birthday Thread", I don't think that persons will even notice it........if you guys want then I can do it or anyone who come online regularly can do it...........Do reply your views in this one....:D

From what I can gather: to your first part;

People are free to post what they want, as long as the thread contains more then one link. This gives a bigger choice to download from as the links in the first thread they try maybe dead so they can then move on to the second or third and get them from there, and so on.

To the second part;

If it is people you know... feel free to find an image like that... but in all honestly, most the people who are having birthdays are 1) no longer on the site or 2) just leeching for the downloads.

I know I personally have no time to go wishing everyone a happy birthday each day of the year... So I see no point in both of your suggestions sorry.

Well with Birthday's the user also gets an automatic email wishing them a happy birthday on behalf of the forums too.

As for the idea of one topic per series... well think about it.. so many encodes and groups.. Say for Naruto.... 220 episodes with some 200mb mkv, 170mb avi, 70 mb mkv, 90 mb mkv, ipod, psp, and ps3 encodes? That is 7x220 for the series in one thread, not counting mirrors, etc.. plus that involves the original thread maker to ensure he stays active to keep the first post updated with everyones versions + editing to fix broken links.

It's just not a reasonable thing to do.. that and no way that many links would fit into one post either.