Anime You never Heard of

batosi07

Ever watch an anime you never heard of, and it turned out to be good. Post it hear and give a non-spoiler description if you desire. Also if you have heard of the anime but think most people havn't post it hear as well.

I just started watching knights of ramune. This is a really funny anime. It does have some adult - adultesk scenes, but it is not a hentai. It is just done to be funny.

Not that I can think of, cause I dunno how I would watch it if i never heard of it first. I either look up random stuff and decide if I want to watch it, or it's something someone told me about. Either way I read what it is about before popping in random Anime DVD's or downloading random Anime series to find out if it's something I might like. =P

Okay.. enough being a smartass, I know you probably meant more like Anime you don't hear/see many people talk about, more or less hidden gems per say rather than actually heard about it before watching said series.

That said.. some I don't hear often talked about are:

Ninja Scroll (movie not the tv series)

Rumbling Hearts (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien)

Basilisk

Genshiken

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World

The Twelve Kingdoms

Minami-ke

Spiral (would have been perfect had it received an actual ending)

Gad Guard

Wagaya no Oinari-sama

Gokusen

Saki

Okay so maybe they aren't too far out there in the hidden gem pile.. but they are good none-the-less and while people may talk about them, it is pretty far and in-between. So I'd consider them at least semi-hidden gems.

I didn't hear about baccano till I watched it all I saw in the mafia recommendations was 1 word, "baccano" thats it then I watched it without any checks on it due to the fact that I was in complete mafia mode after watching black lagoon for a second time

aaaaaaaaaaannnnd now I'm complete fanboy for baccano

This is proven in my sig III

.................................vvv

Well.. I honestly never heard of Gurren Lagann until I happened to be up late at night and saw it on Sci fi, then my unhealthy obsession began...also I'd never heard of Black Lagoon until I saw it on Stars Edge once, then even though it took me a few years to actually start it, I really enjoyed that show, good ol days when we used to get movie channels for free. lastly, Asura Cryin was something I only stumbled on by chance and loved it in the end also.