Holiday Season (2023)

Zemekis

I intended to post something before Christmas, but I was sick as all hell for about 10 days, pretty much immediately following my most recent post. Hopefully that explains my absence...
Anyways, how was everyone's Christmas (or whatever else you celebrate this time of year)? I had a good one. My wife and I hosted the last 3 years, so it was nice to visit family and just be a leech for once. I'm hosting New Year's Eve this year, so that'll be something. Do you have any Christmas traditions/New Year's Eve traditions?

• Like 1

We visited my aunt and uncle the weekend before and opened gifts between us, then had Christmas just me and my daughter on Christmas Eve. Christmas day we went to my moms and opened gifts between everyone there and had Christmas dinner. The next day we went to Gaylord Texan Resort and went through the ICE Sculpture Exhibit which was Grinch themed. It was fantastic. The ice was beautifully colored and everything and it was 9 degrees Fahrenheit in the building.

Not really sure what our New Years plans are just yet.

13 hours ago, Zemekis said:

but I was sick as all hell for about 10 days

Sorry to hear that, hope it didn't mess with your holidays too much :(

13 hours ago, Zemekis said:

Do you have any Christmas traditions/New Year's Eve traditions?

For new years, I celebrate every year with friends back from high-school. Which I guess is a little strange since we all go to different unis.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:55 PM, warriorpirate said:

Hope you feel better.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:36 AM, Arisien said:

Sorry to hear that, hope it didn't mess with your holidays too much :(

I'm perfectly fine now. Although I was massively sick, I consider myself lucky because it was early December. I had time to get better before Christmas!

On 12/29/2023 at 10:36 AM, Arisien said:

For new years, I celebrate every year with friends back from high-school. Which I guess is a little strange since we all go to different unis.

Cool! I do something similar. I somehow wind up hosting at my house every year (not complaining). My wife makes New Year's soba & my buddies drink with me. My sister and her boyfriend will be there this year too. Should be fun.