Can't remember a specific anime

MajorFoley

So from what i can remember about this anime, it follows a guy on his way to school and he meets up with a friend or 2 and he notices something different about the world. Don't believe it's an isekai show but he ends up being chased for noticing something different and someone ends up helping escape which leads to him joining a group/club that's supposed to be figuring out how to get out of whatever they are into with another group attempting to stop them. That's mostly what i can remember from it. If anyone knows please let me know. I'll try to remember more details.

EDIT: Some extra thing i think was part of the same anime, one of the members who tries to stop em is an explosive maniac. Think it was a female one too.

Edited by MajorFoley
more info

10 hours ago, Koby said:

I'm not really sure... with that explanation it could be a great many different series.

Do you recall what some of the characters might've looked like?

Not really its been a while i wouldn't go so far and say its matrixy but it has that feeling like anyone you know could be an enemy type thing. Uh i think at one time the female friend ends up in a library but yeah can't remember descriptions :( Oh and i think it had something to do with an AI. Keeping the inhabitants happy instead of something like the machines using humans as energy although similar concept could be applied.

EDIT i found it, was called Caligula, based on a game

Edited by MajorFoley

• 3 years later...

I was about to create a thread like this, but I'll use this one since it serves the same purpose. I'm looking for two. One I recall in the late 2000's or very early 2010's, it was on Toonami or Adult Swim at night. I suspect that it was Eureka Seven, which I haven't watched yet so that would confirm things. The only bit I saw while surfing through TV channels was a young boy doing something with laundry and some older girl/woman's underwear was in there. She teased him about holding it and he got embarrassed. It's just a brief 5 to 10 second clip I remember, and I have no clue why that brief snippet of a random night is so vivid in my memory, but I never came across whatever show that was again.

The next one was late 2000's, on TV in the USA at night. Most likely later than midnight. The scene I remember was an argument between two characters, one or both were wearing military uniforms or military looking clothing in general. One character was on a motorcycle with a sidecar attached. They were arguing on the street, or at an intersection. I suspect that the show may have been Kino's Journey, it had that kind of look. I don't know if Kino's Journey was ever broadcast on Adult Swim or Toonami, though.

8 hours ago, Zemekis said:

I was about to create a thread like this, but I'll use this one since it serves the same purpose. I'm looking for two. One I recall in the late 2000's or very early 2010's, it was on Toonami or Adult Swim at night. I suspect that it was Eureka Seven, which I haven't watched yet so that would confirm things. The only bit I saw while surfing through TV channels was a young boy doing something with laundry and some older girl/woman's underwear was in there. She teased him about holding it and he got embarrassed. It's just a brief 5 to 10 second clip I remember, and I have no clue why that brief snippet of a random night is so vivid in my memory, but I never came across whatever show that was again.

The next one was late 2000's, on TV in the USA at night. Most likely later than midnight. The scene I remember was an argument between two characters, one or both were wearing military uniforms or military looking clothing in general. One character was on a motorcycle with a sidecar attached. They were arguing on the street, or at an intersection. I suspect that the show may have been Kino's Journey, it had that kind of look. I don't know if Kino's Journey was ever broadcast on Adult Swim or Toonami, though.

I don't remember an underwear incident in Eureka Seven, but in episode 10 Renton is ironing a womans jacket and is thinking about other things and burns a hole in it.

It helps if you can try to think of some identifier aspect of the characters. Like what color hair, clothes, etc. Just anything that might be a clue.

Mostly on Toonami in those time periods I remember Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Eureka Seven, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Tenchi Muyo.