Resident Evil 8 Stated To Release In 2021, Began as Revelations 3

Koby

HJoaQYN.jpg

Remember that rumor involving Resident Evil 8 a few months back? Well, Dusk Golem is at it again on Twitter, this time apparently verified by Video Games Chronicle. Even still, temper your expectations (and your many grains of salt).

According to the leak, Resident Evil 8 will release on current and next-gen consoles next year, and will feature a first-person perspective and a return for the previous game’s protagonist, Ethan Winters. However, the kicker is that the game was originally Resident Evil Revelations 3 at the start of development. The story goes that RE8 was originally going to be years away, but Capcom didn’t want a huge gap between RE7 and RE8, so that title got pushed to the side in favour of Revelations 3 (which was also in development at the time), and that was turned into RE8.

Moreover, as Dusk Golem mentioned months ago, the game will have many narrative and mechanical departures for the series. These include hallucination and insanity segments, as well as enemies based on mythical creatures, including werewolves. In addition, the game will apparently have a “Snowy Village” segment, and also have a theme of not being able to trust others.

Lastly, the game was going to be revealed at this year’s E3, but with that no longer in the cards, we could potentially see something later this month.

Again, none of this is confirmed (obviously), so take it all with a huge pinch of salt, but we don't have too long to find out if this is all true it seems.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Xykan said:

I wonder why they're calling it "Village" and not RE8. 

They are though. The VILL in VILLAGE gets highlighted another color to look like the roman numeral for 8 in the logo.

xXkAzPv.png

For the record the logo in the news post (first post in the thread) was fan made I believe to go with the leak announcements back then and other rumors.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DenDuval said:

Would it betray the franchise if they really make Chris into the villain? I mean judging by the trailer alone, of course.

I don't think he's truly a villain. It's likely part of the stuff Dusk Golem talked about: "hallucination and insanity segments".

• Like 1