Rockstar Claims No Single-Player Content in Development for ‘Red Dead Redemption 2

Koby

Rockstar has revealed something very disappointing news for the future of Red Dead Redemption 2: At this time, there is nothing in development for single-player.

W1iWtDJ.jpg

Rockstar’s Katie Pica said “We’re 100% focused on online right now, because like I said, there’s just so much to do, and we’re just hoping to bring everything that a player can love about single-player into the online world, and fleshed out.”

Rockstar says they do not see any difference in their approach to Red Dead Online than how they would approach single-player content for Red Dead Redemption 2, but there is a clear difference. For every person who cannot always be online or does not have a strong connection to the internet, making all of your content only for the online game mode alienates them.

RvMiwYi.jpg

Of course, this announcement also put to rest any theories about there being a single player sequel to Red Dead Redemption’s Undead Nightmare DLC, which was beloved by fans. Recently, people have noticed zombie-like people in Red Dead Online, and many thought that it could have been a tease for the DLC. However, it seems that the alternative is more likely to be true: some kind of online event, likely for Halloween, will use this growing zombie threat.

Kind of thought this would happen. Rockstar are to set on turning Red Dead 2 Online into what GTA V Online is now, which makes a lot of money for them. From a business stand point it does make sense as it makes the company more money to focus on online content which contains micro transactions rather than a once off story DLC that will only make them a smaller amount of money.

From a Fan stand point it is disappointing as I find Online shallow and boring. Its Read Dead but I find the online community terrible to play with as most will shoot and try and kill you on sight. They don't even offer you to make your own private server like GTA does.

Considering how GTA V has been handled, I guess it kinda figures. At one point, they did actually announce Singleplayer DLC for GTA V, and we even had like a tweet of a VA talking about working in the studio.

But Rockstar quickly got blindsided by them Shark Card Sales 😞 and rip singleplayer expansion. Probably canceled the work and just left it unfinished to 100% focus on Online.

Makes me worry for the next GTA. 😐