Fairy Tail TV Anime Confirmed to End in 328th Episode

Koby

The official website for the Fairy Tail television anime confirmed last week that the anime's cast recorded the 328th and final episode's dialogue on May 6. The anime's website noted that the episode features over 65 characters, and the anime's Twitter account added that the 60 assembled cast members could not fit in the recording booth at the same time.

oh2TwdG.jpg

The 319th episode will air in Japan on Sunday.

The website posted in December that the "Fairy Tail Ultimate Collection" series, which will include the entire Fairy Tail television anime on Blu-ray Disc, will have 277 episodes of the Fairy Tail anime's previous series plus 51 "planned" episodes for the current Final Season — for a total of 328 planned episodes.

The latest and final anime season based on Hiro Mashima's manga premiered in Japan on October 7 of last year, and Crunchyroll and FUNimation are streaming the anime with English subtitles. Funimation also began streaming the English dub on October 29.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kid Boruto said:

I'm gonna be sad to see Fairy Tail gone, but all good things must come to an end :( .

Well there is already a sequel manga that is likely to be animated at some point. So while the Fairy Tail anime is ending, it doesn't exactly mean the end of the franchise.

Kind of like Dragon Ball Z to Dragon Ball Super I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Koby said:

Well there is already a sequel manga that is likely to be animated at some point. So while the Fairy Tail anime is ending, it doesn't exactly mean the end of the franchise.

Kind of like Dragon Ball Z to Dragon Ball Super I suppose.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/114701/Fairy_Tail__100_Years_Quest

I'll be damned there is a sequel, nice!

Now I just need to get back to my marathon of Fairy Tail XD.

33 minutes ago, sniper23 said:

Never watched Fairy Tail. I guess it's not filled with fillers like Naruto Shippuden.

It still has a few fillers, but yeah instead of going into a massive filler hell or padding the canon out to a snails pace, Fairy Tail played it smart by taking a break and coming back a few years later when there was more manga to adapt.

• Like 2