Sign in to follow this  
Koby

Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield (11/15/19; Switch)

35HbGSG.png

Pokémon Sword and Shield are upcoming role-playing video games developed by Game Freak and published by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch. They will be the first main series games in the eighth generation of the Pokémon series. The games are scheduled for a worldwide release on November 15, 2019.

Sword and Shield take place in the Galar region, a large, narrow expanse of land, and one of many regions in the Pokémon world. The region itself and its many landmarks appear to be heavily inspired by Great Britain, such as a clocktower and palace which resemble Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, and a hillside monument resembling the Cerne Abbas Giant.

Sword and Shield were fully unveiled on a special Nintendo Direct presentation on February 27, 2019, introducing the game's region and starter Pokémon. The starters are: Grookey, the grass-type starter, which is a simian Pokémon; Scorbunny, the fire-type starter, which is a rabbit; and Sobble, the water-type starter, which is a chameleon. The presentation coincided with Pokémon Day, a fan celebration of Pokémon on the anniversary of the Japanese release of Pokémon Red and Green.

• Like 1

I don't know what to say. I just don't.

ALL OF THIS. JUST ALL OF IT.

TAKE MY MONEY.

This is already looking exceedingly better than Alola/Gen. 7. This time... it's not even just the Gyms for the reason. I like the looks of ALL of these pokemon as well.

Also... not a surprise that the legendaries ended up being 'Sword' and 'Shield' related. STILL GREAT THOUGH.

I LOVE ALL OF THIS.

AMAZING. Even saying something like this seems to just not describe what I just watched.

NOVEMBER CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH.

😍

Edited by CardGames

Apparently some select Pokemon can go beyond Dynamax to Gigamax. However Gigamax is supremely RNG dependent. The official site says not all Pokemon that have a Gigamax form can use it. You have to catch one that can, only through Max Raid Battles, and they're rare.

• Like 1

fce0418e75.png

Not sure if this is a Japan exclusive deal, but:

As a special bonus for purchasing the Dual Pack SteelBook Edition, Trainers will receive two codes (one per game) that will reward them with special items known as Dynamax Crystals. By using the Dynamax Crystals in the Wild Area, Trainers will be able to face Dynamax Larvitar and Dynamax Jangmo-o, Pokémon that are normally encountered later in the game, in special Max Raid Battles. Larvitar won’t appear in Pokémon Sword and Jangmo-o won’t appear in Pokémon Shield during normal gameplay, but players will be able to catch them in either version by using these Dynamax Crystals.

Also, the games have Version exclusive Gym Leaders. In Sword you face the Fighting-type Bea while in Shield you face the Ghost-type Allister. Deino and Jangmo-o are exclusive to Sword and Larvitar & Goomy are exclusive to Shield.

Galarian forms confirmed. New rivals confirmed. New evolution for Linoone confirmed.

• Like 1

So much for the evil team being based off Brexit. lol. 🤣

I don't see how this team is any different than Skull though. A completely non-threatening team at all. 😓

Not surprised they brought back regional forms. They look good though so it's fine I guess.

They finally gave Linoone an evolution huh? Okay. As long as it's not OP. 😅

48 minutes ago, CardGames said:

So much for the evil team being based off Brexit. lol. 🤣

I must've missed it, but why were people assuming that?

48 minutes ago, CardGames said:

I don't see how this team is any different than Skull though. A completely non-threatening team at all. 😓

When did Pokemon ever really have a threatening team? Team Rocket was probably the best of the ones I know about, but even they were mostly a joke in the games. Took over Silph to try to get the Master Ball tech, but never accomplished it and created Mewtwo (well I can't remember if this tidbit was actually stated in the games or just the anime), but otherwise did nothing of note. The leader also disbands the whole organization just for losing a gym battle to a kid.

51 minutes ago, CardGames said:

Not surprised they brought back regional forms. They look good though so it's fine I guess.

I suppose. Haven't played the game with the Aloha forms yet so not sure how the mechanic works, but giving Pokemon different forms is certainly easier and effective in comparison to creating hundreds of new Pokemon entirely.

52 minutes ago, CardGames said:

They finally gave Linoone an evolution huh? Okay. As long as it's not OP. 😅

Not like Linoone itself was that great to begin with though so I suppose this will just give him some more hype/use.

Although I feel like his new evo looks really close to Mightyena.

23 hours ago, Koby said:

I must've missed it, but why were people assuming that? 

It was mostly a joke going around on Pokemon Discords I'm part of.

23 hours ago, Koby said:

When did Pokemon ever really have a threatening team? Team Rocket was probably the best of the ones I know about, but even they were mostly a joke in the games. Took over Silph to try to get the Master Ball tech, but never accomplished it and created Mewtwo (well I can't remember if this tidbit was actually stated in the games or just the anime), but otherwise did nothing of note. The leader also disbands the whole organization just for losing a gym battle to a kid. 

Plasma and Galactic were actually pretty threatening to me. Flare literally tried to destroy Kalos with 'The Ultimate Weapon.' Or at least their leader did.

23 hours ago, Koby said:

I suppose. Haven't played the game with the Aloha forms yet so not sure how the mechanic works, but giving Pokemon different forms is certainly easier and effective in comparison to creating hundreds of new Pokemon entirely. 

I don't know. I guess I was just hoping for something new but I'm not surprised either. So it's fine.

23 hours ago, Koby said:

Not like Linoone itself was that great to begin with though so I suppose this will just give him some more hype/use.

Although I feel like his new evo looks really close to Mightyena.

It also looks like JimiKEN from Digimon Cyber Sleuth. 🤣

Some new information was recently shared via GameInformer it would seem. Here is a quick list of some of the details:

• Sword & Shield will feature an auto-save feature, but it can be turned off.
  • HMs do not make a return.
  • EXP Share is automatic, without the use of an item. Unclear if you're able to disable it or not.
  • Also seems more aspects of Pokemon previously left to breeding (hinted as "a personality parameter") will be changeable.
  • There are to be 18 gyms in the games with different gyms being in the Major and Minor Leagues depending on game version. For example Bea's Fighting-type Gym is in the Major League in Sword while Allister's Ghost-type Gym is in the Major League in Shield. The idea is that the gyms can be in different leagues each year in the Galar Region. It's currently unclear if all 18 gyms will actually allow you battle them.
  • Like 1