'Dragon Quest' Game Series Gets 3DCG Anime Movie

Koby

ZnBDIxD.jpgA 3DCG anime movie based on the popular Dragon Quest JRPG game series was announced via NTV's News Program News Zero on Wednesday. Titled Dragon Quest: Your Story, the movie will premiere on Japanese theaters on August 2. There is no specific information, but Yuuji Horii, a game designer who is also doing story and supervision to the game series, will also participate in the production. More information will be revealed at a later date.

Staff
Chief Director, Script: Takashi Yamazaki (BUMP OF CHICKEN Music Video director)
Director: Ryuuichi Yagi (Stand By Me Doraemon director), Makoto Hanabusa (Stand By Me Doraemon art director)
Music: Koichi Sugiyama (Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (TV))

Dragon Quest series was launched by Square Enix in May of 1986. Currently there are 11 main numbered games and multiple spin-offs. Since the first game, the franchise has sold over 78 million copies combined. Several manga series were written and among those the Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken manga received several anime adaptations by Toei Animation. A movie in July 1991, 46-episode TV anime series that aired in the Fall of 1991, and four more movies between 1991 to 1996.

Visit the official website here and Twitter account here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, slick1109 said:

I wonder if there will be a release in English.  Maybe once it gets released on DVD/Bluray they might add English Dubs to the disc.  Then again, considering how long it takes most of the games in the series to be released in English, I wont hold my breath.

FUNimation or Viz Media would be most likely to license this, if not someone more kid friendly like Shout Factory.